Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have this Aftermarket Warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 07:06 PM
sullivas
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone have this Aftermarket Warranty?

The dealer closest to me (in CT) gets aftermarket warranty insurance through Resource Automotive aka The Warranty Group. The next closest dealer uses Easy Care. Of course I want to go to the closest dealer but have not heard of Resource Automotive. Anyone heard of them or know of their service/reputation?
Old 01-03-2011, 08:27 PM
surfer
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sullivas
The dealer closest to me (in CT) gets aftermarket warranty insurance through Resource Automotive aka The Warranty Group. The next closest dealer uses Easy Care. Of course I want to go to the closest dealer but have not heard of Resource Automotive. Anyone heard of them or know of their service/reputation?
If you do decide to go Easy Care, please let us know. My local dealer recommended a extended warranty insurer that I was unfamiliar with. I had good experience with Easy Care before. Is there any contraindication to using Easy Care despite your dealership recommended a different company?
Old 01-03-2011, 08:45 PM
sullivas
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by surfer
If you do decide to go Easy Care, please let us know. My local dealer recommended a extended warranty insurer that I was unfamiliar with. I had good experience with Easy Care before. Is there any contraindication to using Easy Care despite your dealership recommended a different company?
Actually I was surprised my local dealer didn't go through Easy Care. I have read EC is fairly reliable although I read some complaints as well.
The local dealership is Penske owned so maybe that has something to do with
their selection of 'Resource Automotive'.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:59 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by sullivas
Actually I was surprised my local dealer didn't go through Easy Care. I have read EC is fairly reliable although I read some complaints as well.
The local dealership is Penske owned so maybe that has something to do with
their selection of 'Resource Automotive'.

Not unusual for large mega dealers (like Penske) to have a captive warranty company and push all their stores to sell the products from the captives. The downside is that some of the captives are poorly capitalized and run out of money and then out of business in a blink of an eye.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:26 PM
Doc GTO
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Zurich policy thru my Porsche dealer but Easy Care is a highly recommended company.

Quick Reply: Anyone have this Aftermarket Warranty?