Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTS Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 01:34 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 435 Likes on 219 Posts

Here are a couple of interior photos I snapped to show the alcantara pieces. Sorry for the quality - its overcast and rainy, so I had to get them in the garage without much light.

Old 01-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 531 Likes on 166 Posts

Thanks, Doug, for the interior shots. Yours looks identical to mine.
In the promotional shots of the GTS, the Alcantara interior had Alcantara on the center console, and the lower dash (below the cupholder line). I'm guessing the U.S. cars don't come that way, or perhaps Porsche decided not to fit any of the cars that way.
Doesn't matter to me at all. I was just curious about the differences.
I was worried I wouldn't like the Alcantara steering wheel, but so far I love it. Wonder what the fabric will look like in a couple of years?
Old 01-01-2011, 02:24 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Leader
Thanks, Doug, for the interior shots. Yours looks identical to mine.
In the promotional shots of the GTS, the Alcantara interior had Alcantara on the center console, and the lower dash (below the cupholder line). I'm guessing the U.S. cars don't come that way, or perhaps Porsche decided not to fit any of the cars that way.
I was worried I wouldn't like the Alcantara steering wheel, but so far I love it. Wonder what the fabric will look like in a couple of years?
I think the media car was specced with ALL possible alcantara pieces, not just the default ones. I have heard people complain it it doesn't wear well, and I've seen track cars that look like new after years of heavy use. If it gets ratty looking, I'll worry about it then.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:32 PM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 62 Posts

Congrats Doug. I loved all the pictures. Enjoy the beauty safely in good health. I do believe that Alcantara will not wear well with time but there are always exceptions to the rule.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:29 AM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Congrats Doug. I loved all the pictures. Enjoy the beauty safely in good health. I do believe that Alcantara will not wear well with time but there are always exceptions to the rule.
Thanks, I will keep my fingers crossed.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:36 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Here's a quick video I just did of a cold start without and with PSE (I'm sure you can tell which is which):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiRNdkBcbqY
Old 01-04-2011, 05:42 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

love that car - congrats.

redline on day 1 - is that cool?
Old 01-04-2011, 05:48 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 531 Likes on 166 Posts
Default For your consideration...

Just a riveting video!
Old 01-04-2011, 07:38 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by gravedgr
Here's a quick video I just did of a cold start without and with PSE (I'm sure you can tell which is which):
Sounds wonderful. PSE is one of those options (I know it was standard on your car) that seem costly but are totally worth the price of admission. My neighbors probably hate me for it but I can live with that. Enjoy!
Old 01-05-2011, 01:07 AM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

I just wish you could hear the PSE in the cockpit. With my .1, I could definitely hear the difference....now, not so much. I want it for me, not for all the passersby.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:19 AM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 397 Likes on 271 Posts

I just wish you could hear the PSE in the cockpit. With my .1, I could definitely hear the difference....now, not so much. I want it for me, not for all the passersby.
I consider my std exhaust loud enough and hear it well, even with the windows shut and far louder with the windows open. If you consider your PSE soft, drive with the windows open.

To me, the discrete 911 exhaust note is a plus - a sign of maturity. It's simply ridiculous to hear an obnoxious loud V8 or a Ferrari, on 30MPH traffic, simply stating 'look at me'. The PSE adds no performance.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:47 AM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ADias
I consider my std exhaust loud enough and hear it well, even with the windows shut and far louder with the windows open. If you consider your PSE soft, drive with the windows open.

To me, the discrete 911 exhaust note is a plus - a sign of maturity. It's simply ridiculous to hear an obnoxious loud V8 or a Ferrari, on 30MPH traffic, simply stating 'look at me'. The PSE adds no performance.
To each his own. To me, the discrete 911 exhaust is boring and belongs in a Volkswagen. The 911 is a race car modified for the street, so I like it to sound like it wants to go back to the track every time I drive it. Luckily, we can get both so half of the folks don't have to be unhappy.

Now don't get me wrong, there is a nice roar from the engine inside when you get on the gas - it just sounds the same whether the PSE is on or off. That's my real beef. Outside, I'm sure it sounds better, but I don't want to let all that glorious new car smell escape yet.

PS - my PSE came attached to an X51 kit, so I might argue the "no performance" part just a little.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:21 AM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Leader
Perhaps the GTS is like the GT3 and GT3RS with regards to interior Alcantara; the 'full leather' option includes Alcantara on the lower dash and door panel inserts.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:29 PM
20C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 84 Posts

congrats Doug! it should get louder as u keep breaking it in.

u got PM!
Old 01-05-2011, 02:45 PM
nazhat
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Quick Reply: GTS Delivery