Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS(Feeler): 2006 Carrera S (Aero, X51 Power Kit, PCCB, Original MSRP $125K)

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 07:24 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i think you need a bigger audience. Have you tried ebay or autotrader? GL!
Old 01-15-2011, 08:56 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 491 Likes on 289 Posts

craigslist too
Old 01-16-2011, 01:10 AM
boolala
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Problem is that options are worth virtually nothing from a resale standpoint unless you find a buyer who is willing to pay a premium for this particular configuration. So the "average" buyer is comparing the price of this car with many with an original MSRP of 85 - 100K.

Surprisingly this is where leasing a car can be cost effective (i.e., if it is highly optioned) as residual is calculated as a percentage of MSRP and thus options have some "value" at lease end (up to the maximam residulizable MSRP, anyway).
Old 01-16-2011, 01:14 PM
box986
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by boolala
Problem is that options are worth virtually nothing from a resale standpoint unless you find a buyer who is willing to pay a premium for this particular configuration. So the "average" buyer is comparing the price of this car with many with an original MSRP of 85 - 100K.

Surprisingly this is where leasing a car can be cost effective (i.e., if it is highly optioned) as residual is calculated as a percentage of MSRP and thus options have some "value" at lease end (up to the maximam residulizable MSRP, anyway).
Very true, that is why in the beginning I choose not to post on an "average" market place where most simply compare year/mileage/$ period.

Seems like I am not reaching enough of my TA here and on 6speed thus I am posting on Craiglist and Autotrader as well!
Old 01-16-2011, 11:47 PM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by MLindgren
I think $62K is a fair price for your car. Of course you need to find the right person that appreciates all of the options. Virtually everybody would love the X51 but many are opposed to PCCB's. Finding the person who can appreciate spending a little for those 3 rare options is key.

GLWS
Why don't people like the PCCB's?
Old 01-17-2011, 12:14 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 238 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Selo
Why don't people like the PCCB's?
It's a misstatement to suggest that "people" don't like PCCBs. Few ordered PCCBs because of the initial cost factor. However, if you hold onto a Porsche longer than most do within the Rennlist family, they are a very cost effective brake. For example, with regular usage there is virtually no brake maintenance requirement for a very long time. I ordered my car with them to (1) reduce maintenance over time, (2) reduce unsprung weight, and (3) virtually eliminate the need to constantly keep up with cleaning brake dust off everything.

PCCBs are great. I estimate in excess of 200,000 miles before I have to even think of new rotors.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:21 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by box986
bump, for a hard to find option 1 owner C2S

PCCB can be taken care of with the Suncoast PCCB ceramic removal kit which I am thinking of doing if the car is not sold.

The car is still at LA awaiting to be shipped out to Taiwan if its not sold.

New Price: I do have a little room for price negotiation at a slight lost, PM me for details.
if you want my advice - keep this car. i do not think you will get your asking price as it is an '06 with 30K miles.
it is a very well optioned vehicle, looks very unique but money wise I think if it is in tip-top mechanical shape - just drive it until her wheels will fall off.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:39 PM
dahcopilot
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

will swap you my brakes(new pads and rotors less than 100 miles ago) from my 07 s. no charge!

Quick Reply: FS(Feeler): 2006 Carrera S (Aero, X51 Power Kit, PCCB, Original MSRP $125K)