Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Experiences with Buying New Porsche via Internet Sales

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 08:00 PM
Nokona
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Guys. Yes, I have. I was informed they could not help me via a text message (from my salesman) 12 days ago. I have been courteous and respectful in reminding them I have it in writing that there are no scratches at all on the car, that they were to detail the car, etc. But, no responses. As you suggested, I've now informed the dealer I will be taking the issue to PCNA. I know its not going anywhere, and as several others have pointed out, once the car leaves the lot, and the fact that I won't be servicing the car with the dealer, I really have no leverage. I'm moving on, but still following up and through as suggested. I'm prepared to pay for the repairs myself, as well. I appreciate the advice.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:29 PM
Motobob
Instructor

Beautiful car, enjoy and put the small issue behind you...great color combo. Bob
Old 12-23-2010, 08:55 PM
Linnm
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any truck driver picking up a new Porsche for delivery ALWAYS goes over the car very carefully and notes on his forms the condition of the car--this means scratches, nicks, spots, rubs, marks on wheels, etc. The drivers are very good at this inspection as they don't want to be blamed for any in-transit damage
A phone call to the hauling firm might be worthwhile. Tell them(nicely) that you think it may have been damaged in transit and ask to see a copy of the inspection form
Old 02-16-2019, 10:45 AM
Pgt3fan
2nd Gear

Mine also has lots of rock chips but the problem we are having is far more serious., Let me share my horrible story buying a GT3 997.2 with a idenpendent specialized Porsche dealer in Concord California called Advantage Motorsports. The car was originally a Maryland car. Be ware Porsche fans:
Basically we Purchased a Gen 2 GT3 here with 30k miles. After 45 days as we were trying to complete our loan process from our own credit union, found out dealer has not been able to provide / or register the title (which is from an out-of-state) to our name and that our C.U. notified us we might risk getting a denial with our pending loan application. Contacted dealer many times and mostly answered by front offices with no solid answer when they will be able to obtain title and have it transferred under our name. Worse they hardly be specific via email communication. When challenged why selling a car with no title, they responded there nothing wrong with that and sometime customer must be patience to allow their process to work it out (legal really? unlimited time and at customer expense?). They also flipped their initial nice caring attitude to bashing us for being paranoid of “calling them all the time". Had they not messing up things in the beginning and being "on top of things (as they always bragged)" we wouldn't have to be stressed out worrying we might have been a victim of fraud. It was a misleading saying they had full ownership of the car during advertisement when fact is they did not and worse they now have to to thru a "power of attorney" to fight for that title which they have no clue when and if they will win it back. Now things are in the twilight zone for us. Now we hold a car we can’t pay for, potentially with no title and DMV registration. Btw, we also traded in a 991 base which they had processed and sold on their lot. So it’s complicate how we would resolve this. Anyone with any advice of steps we should take and when? Thanks

Last edited by Pgt3fan; 02-16-2019 at 11:28 AM.
Old 02-16-2019, 03:04 PM
Balr14
Burning Brakes

Received 166 Likes on 112 Posts

I'd be contacting a lawyer.
Old 02-16-2019, 03:04 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,418 Likes on 2,693 Posts

This is a no-win situation.
Dealer will blame shipper ----> Shipper will blame dealer
Will be a stalemate and nobody will win
Only solution would have been to view the car in person and be there when it was picked up, but even then the shipper/driver would have blamed someone else
Getting a shipper to produce any sort of refund regarding damage has got to be the equivalent of defying gravity.
Old 02-16-2019, 03:17 PM
Balr14
Burning Brakes

Received 166 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by groovzilla
This is a no-win situation.
Dealer will blame shipper ----> Shipper will blame dealer
Will be a stalemate and nobody will win
Only solution would have been to view the car in person and be there when it was picked up, but even then the shipper/driver would have blamed someone else
Getting a shipper to produce any sort of refund regarding damage has got to be the equivalent of defying gravity.
Read post #34. Everything else is 9 years old.

Quick Reply: Experiences with Buying New Porsche via Internet Sales