I too am 100% with the enthusiast!

Tom
Old 12-06-2010, 12:21 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gravedgr
...Maybe I should stop by and ask von Platen if he likes the PDK - HQ is 1/2 mile from my office.
Please do... inquiry minds want to know
Old 12-06-2010, 03:13 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 397 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd in PA
UH OH, Another false rumor!
Not at all. Please note that I did not say that von Platen drives PDK. I only said that 'I bet he drives one [PDK]'. It's not a certainty. It's a probability, I bet on.

I also add my vote for asking directly von Platen what he thinks about PDK.

In the meantime, you have not corrected your propagated false rumor by simply editing this thread's title - something you can easily do, but apparently refuse to do.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:02 PM
Todd in PA
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ADias
Not at all. Please note that I did not say that von Platen drives PDK. I only said that 'I bet he drives one [PDK]'. It's not a certainty. It's a probability, I bet on.

I also add my vote for asking directly von Platen what he thinks about PDK.

In the meantime, you have not corrected your propagated false rumor by simply editing this thread's title - something you can easily do, but apparently refuse to do.
I made an honest mistake when I read this article, I corrected the original post as you requested, and I agree it was a good idea. There are plenty of interesting quotes from Von Platen. “We certainly have not been immune to the economy,” said Detlev von Platen, president and CEO of Porsche Cars North America (PCNA), which moved its headquarters in 1998 from Reno, Nev., to Atlanta for the convenience of the airport.

“But we are still a niche car company that doesn’t need to sell millions of cars like our competitors.” Von Platen, PCNA’s president, says Porsche’s brand benefits from the extensions, and it will lure new buyers without offering a cheaper entry-level model like Mercedes and BMW.

“If you look at the 911 of 40 years ago, it hasn’t changed all that much. We don’t need marketing studies on the 911. It has timeless design,” von Platen said.

“We have protected and preserved the brand. The new models do not contradict what Porsche is known for. The characteristics of a sports car are in the Cayenne and Panamera,” he said. “With us, design follows form and form follows function. We don’t have to go after new trends.”

I don't have an agenda to propagate any rumors whatsoever. Thanks for the entertainment.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:23 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Todd in PA
I made an honest mistake when I read this article, I corrected the original post as you requested, and I agree it was a good idea. There are plenty of interesting quotes from Von Platen. “We certainly have not been immune to the economy,” said Detlev von Platen, president and CEO of Porsche Cars North America (PCNA), which moved its headquarters in 1998 from Reno, Nev., to Atlanta for the convenience of the airport.

“But we are still a niche car company that doesn’t need to sell millions of cars like our competitors.” Von Platen, PCNA’s president, says Porsche’s brand benefits from the extensions, and it will lure new buyers without offering a cheaper entry-level model like Mercedes and BMW.

“If you look at the 911 of 40 years ago, it hasn’t changed all that much. We don’t need marketing studies on the 911. It has timeless design,” von Platen said.

“We have protected and preserved the brand. The new models do not contradict what Porsche is known for. The characteristics of a sports car are in the Cayenne and Panamera,” he said. “With us, design follows form and form follows function. We don’t have to go after new trends.”

I don't have an agenda to propagate any rumors whatsoever. Thanks for the entertainment.

Thanks for correcting your post. Well done!
Old 12-06-2010, 06:03 PM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

P&CEO PCNA drives a manual Cayman S - wow - good for him.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:09 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,404 Likes on 813 Posts

oh good god.

Adias, do I need to have my attorney review all my posts in this forum? Did the title REALLY need to be changed? Who cares if its an unsubstantiated rumor.

"PDK sucks *****", Ferdinand Porsche

Hows that for a rumor
Old 12-07-2010, 01:12 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,404 Likes on 813 Posts

Originally Posted by stevepow
P&CEO PCNA drives a manual Cayman S - wow - good for him.
Do you have a sworn affidavit of this? Has it been fact checked by the AP? Have you confirmed it with Porsche Germany? Have you physically verified that the title is in his name, and that he actually drives it?

Adias will want to know these things
Old 12-07-2010, 02:08 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
oh good god.

Adias, do I need to have my attorney review all my posts in this forum? Did the title REALLY need to be changed? Who cares if its an unsubstantiated rumor.

"PDK sucks *****", Ferdinand Porsche

Hows that for a rumor
You'll have to ask garvedgr that. I am not the one lawyering.

Re this thread, I simply pointed out a false rumor. All kidding aside i would hope rennlisters would care for accurate information.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:07 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 428 Likes on 219 Posts

You'll have to ask garvedgr that. I am not the one lawyering.
Oh really?

Re this thread, I simply pointed out a false rumor. All kidding aside i would hope rennlisters would care for accurate information.
Epic. Simply, epic. You, my friend, are the epitome of irony. It the GTS thread you stated your guess on the weight of the GTS vs. the C2S based on the rear track changes. You then brushed aside attempts to point out you doing EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE ACCUSING THE OP OF ABOVE as if they didn't matter.

Quick Reply: Interesting Quotes from the President of PCNA