Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PSE or aftermarket exhausts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 01:13 AM
Mike1982
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did the gundo hack as well and love it. I think they used 2" pipe in mine and its perfect for my car, but then again I drive my car maybe once a week. I already put it away for the season (otherwise I would take a video) but if I had to drive it everyday, I might do a smaller pipe.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:53 AM
Skibum
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Would everyone that has a non-stock muffler on their 997s please gather at the parking lot down the street so that I can compare and contrast? That's the only way I'll be happy and able to make a decision it seems....
Old 12-03-2010, 05:34 PM
RF5BPilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I had Barrier install a PSE. A good choice--especially for a cab. The ability to turn it off is slightly less important for a coupe. But downtown Seattle where it can really echo ...(or any time you want to be able to give it some throttle without attracting unwanted attention) -- it is nice to shut down the sound.

Or...you can just go soup cans. Gut the interior of the muffler and weld soup cans on the outside. Get that classic, aircooled "sport muffler" look. Some say the tastiest for NW winter are Campbells Tomato. But you don't have to limit your choices.

Quick Reply: PSE or aftermarket exhausts?