Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOP Gear on history Channel....

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 03:20 AM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The competitions are pointless and not engaging to the audience..well at least, I'd expect not the traditional Top Gear audience.

Drifting? What they did was see who could lay the longest rubber on the road... what kind of competition is that and what does that have to do with drift racing? (which really seams like ralley driving on pavement).

Unless they can bring some actual funny that is unique... this doesn't have legs.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:53 AM
Dan993
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuhan

One funny thing I noticed is that the audience shots look the same in both episodes. I could swear I saw the same woman wearing the same clothes in both episodes. Do they film them back to back or are they just re-using footage? Very sloppy...
All the episodes are in the can--I think six in total. The audience segments were shot over a few day period in Orange County. Several of my friends attended. They were moved around during the shooting, and models were placed among the crowd for eye candy. The front rows featured hand-picked models and audience members and those people were moved as camera angles changed. So yes, footage from the same days featuring the same audience is being used on various shows.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:00 PM
todd.
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That show has no future. Nothing beats the real deal, and the Americans cannot pull off the humor that makes the British version so entertaining while being fun and informative. I felt like I was watching a mix of an out of place Tanner(who I like), some idiot dork, and Jersey Shore.

Quick Reply: TOP Gear on history Channel....