Dallas please...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 07:44 AM
Straniero
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dallas please...

First post, AND asking a huge favor:

Considering leaving my Audi RS4 behind to become a Porsche owner. I am in New England, considering a 2007 997TT with nearly 13K miles, for sale in Dallas at Straight Line Automotive Group (dark blue on grey). Would anybody enjoy checking it out on my behalf? Who has experience with "Inspect My Ride"? This company offers help with out of state purchases. I will ask their assistance if they are bona fide. Hope I posted in the right area.

Much obliged!

Peter
Old 11-07-2010, 10:12 AM
johnwb
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You posted in the right spot. There are a lot of members in TX here. Someone is bound to help.
check 6 speed online too. Lot's of TX guys there.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:50 PM
Paul S.
Pro

Received 96 Likes on 53 Posts

I don't know if I'd spend money on the Inspect My Ride folks. If you want to pay for a PPI, you may want to call the guys at Ruf Auto Centre, Hans (214) 269-1572.

If this car has a Tip, I may be able to help you out--if it's a 6 speed I cannot drive a stick for physical reasons, so I don't know how much value I would be looking at a car I cannot drive. Let me know.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:56 PM
Jastx
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

I visited Straight Line to look at this specific car and even posted about it here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-turb...sting-one.html

I liked it. The hood is an aftermarket piece with the look of the earlier 911s. I like the look and it seems very well done. Nice options too. Carfax shows it has had a few owners but that's part of the hobby. I didn't drive it but condition-wise it looked very good. If I had been ready to pull the trigger on a turbo I may have run at this one and had a PPI done. If you do, I can recommend a great tech at Boardwalk Porsche.

Good luck!
Old 11-08-2010, 12:13 AM
Straniero
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jastx
I visited Straight Line to look at this specific car and even posted about it here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-turb...sting-one.html

I liked it. The hood is an aftermarket piece with the look of the earlier 911s. I like the look and it seems very well done. Nice options too. Carfax shows it has had a few owners but that's part of the hobby. I didn't drive it but condition-wise it looked very good. If I had been ready to pull the trigger on a turbo I may have run at this one and had a PPI done. If you do, I can recommend a great tech at Boardwalk Porsche.

Good luck!
I actually saw your post, after I put mine on. I couldn't tell whether you had seen it in person, or on the web. That is great feedback though. Since I'm new to the long distance game, I have another question, about PPI: It seems to me I have to do that before I buy, or does one make the sale contingent upon satisfactory inspection?

Thanks!!
Old 11-08-2010, 09:25 AM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Straniero
I actually saw your post, after I put mine on. I couldn't tell whether you had seen it in person, or on the web. That is great feedback though. Since I'm new to the long distance game, I have another question, about PPI: It seems to me I have to do that before I buy, or does one make the sale contingent upon satisfactory inspection?

Thanks!!
Get a PPI before you make negotiate or make an offer. Boardwalk Porsche or RAC Performance can do the PPI for you.

If I were you, I would not buy a 2007 Turbo with four previous owners. There are far too many one owner cars for sale for a few thousand Dollars more.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:03 AM
TerpsRED
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

What does a hood like that cost? That is a GREAT mod in my opinion.

Quick Reply: Dallas please...