Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roadside Asst and Flat Tire Story - long...

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 05:12 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 808 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by LlBr
Fixed your excellent photo. Went from excellent to Pulitzer Prize material. Don't forget me at the award ceremony!
HA! Now that would be scary to see all that at the same time AND a flat! LOL
Old 11-11-2010, 06:06 PM
LlBr
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
HA! Now that would be scary to see all that at the same time AND a flat! LOL
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Don't TELL people!!! Photo looks like going 100mph in deep deep trouble, just before the screen went blank!

Whew! Glad I got to you first before you spread it around.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:00 PM
jakes dad
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of the first pics shows two pins screwed into the lug bolt holes to help with alignment of the tire to be installed...

Were those included in the tool kit or something you ordered? I was ready to order the pins for around $8.00 per. but if they are in some kit somewhere I'd be thrilled.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:03 PM
jakes dad
Racer

Originally Posted by LlBr
It's definitely a sin.

It's a mass mentality Porsche's relying on.

Most people don't miss not having a spare. They're all tough and defiant when confronting guys like us. They INSTANTLY become converted when they get stuck.

Only guys who can imagine getting stranded or actually have gotten stranded and spend 24+ hours totally effed up realize how they've been played by Porsche.

Doesn't Porsche give a sh*t? I have things to do. I don't want to drive an unreliable car when I'm trying to get thru the day.

Jack, loosen, tighten, de-jack: DRIVE AWAY. I don't even have time to eff around with a can of goop which may or may not get me out of the mess I got into because of a missing spare tire.

DON'T HOLD BACK... TELL US WHAT YOU REALLY FEEL
Old 11-11-2010, 09:31 PM
jakes dad
Racer

I pulled the wire, applied the fix-a-flat, and that got me enough air to drive the car back to a town 40mins away to a tire shop to get the tire plugged.

Why didn't you just plug it yourself
Old 11-12-2010, 01:53 AM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jakes dad
One of the first pics shows two pins screwed into the lug bolt holes to help with alignment of the tire to be installed...

Were those included in the tool kit or something you ordered? I was ready to order the pins for around $8.00 per. but if they are in some kit somewhere I'd be thrilled.
One comes with the standard toolkit - in one of these related posts, there's a part number for the toolkit. Not knowing that, I ordered two from Suncoast? or Primeparts? - anyway now I have three. Two are required for PCCB brakes (tire changes, not spares that don't fit). But two is handy I think, no matter which brakes.

Here's what the toolkit looks like: ToolKit on Ebay - the hanger is there between the screwdriver and wrench, or on the floor between the tow hook and wrench.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:23 PM
LlBr
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jakes dad
DON'T HOLD BACK... TELL US WHAT YOU REALLY FEEL
Thanks! Glad to help!

I just gotta inject some glamor, fascination, controversy and DRAMA into our technical discussion on frickin spare tires!

Gotta make it "fun."
Old 11-21-2010, 11:55 PM
porshanut
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Spare tire problem

That is the exact reason I am not getting a Panamera. Why would I but a sedan, even a sport sedan, without a spare tire, even it is a space saver. I can live with my Carrera not having one, but just barely!!

Quick Reply: Roadside Asst and Flat Tire Story - long...