Sponsored by:

pcm3 phone compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 10:51 AM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 56 Posts
Default pcm3 phone compatibility

i have the latest pcm3 with bluetooth, phone, and ipod connectability. my NOkia n63 phone easily links with the bluetooth connection but my samsung does not. the system asks for sim access profile from the Nokia which the samsung does not seem to have... Anybody know if there is a way to link my samsung d880?
Old 11-01-2010, 04:48 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Your problem has nothing to do with the PCM3, nor bluetooth, but rather the phone option installed in the car.

It appears you have the bluetooth-SAP (SIM Access Profile) phone option installed, which uses bluetooth to read the SIM in your phone and then uses that with the phone device installed in the PCM to have the PCM phone make the actual call. (The car is the whole phone minus the SIM card).

GSM phones don't have to have a clone SIM for the slot with this setup.

However, for that to work, the phone must actually HAVE a SIM. What carrier are you with for the Nokia ? Does it have a SIM card?

If you have phones you want to use that DO NOT have a SIM card, you cannot use the SAP Nokia method of connecting. You need to have the phone option to do HFP (Hands Free Profile) over bluetooth, where your phone handset is the phone (antenna, transceiver), and the car only acts as speaker/mic/keypad. Then non GSM phones can pair with the car.

So it may be an issue of getting a different 'phone option' installed in the PCM. If the Nokia has a SIM card, it may be an issue of enabling the SAP bluetooth capability from within the Nokia handset and making sure that they are paired over bluetooth first.

Quick Reply: pcm3 phone compatibility