Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QUESTION: Best Auto Transport Company?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 02:33 PM
Reddyfox
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used services of this oversized cargo transport and I'm satisfied with them. But I also heard fedex is not bad, though costly.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:20 AM
maxamillion
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by brt3
I have a GTS on order and have two options: either drive it from GA to CA, or hire a transport company. The latter gives me nightmares, though I realize there are some good companies out there.

So far I have bids (for fully enclosed transport) from:

Reliable: $1,750
Momentum: $1,795
Passport: $1,959
[UPDATE] Intercity: $1,926
[UPDATE TWO] Intercity with PCA Discount: $1,838

The dealer also recommends Exotic Auto Transport, but they haven't yet responded with a bid. Momentum states, in their bid, "We do not use storage lots or holding yards like most companies do to ensure their trucks leave with full loads. Your vehicle will stay on one truck and not be transferred to multiple trucks--something common in our industry--which results in damage to your car.". I don't know how big an issue this actually is in the real world.

Does anyone have any experience with this? If so, I'd appreciate recommendations and suggestions, both positive and negative.
There is a cool site for auto shipping which I have recently seen its http://autotransport.instapage.com they show you actual prices truckers are taking for getting your car shipped out. This way you can compare those to the quotes you receive and choose the best one. I found it saved me about $200 when I shipped out my car. I know this site would simply be the first step in getting a quote... As with many of you, my interest is not only in price but in quality.
Old 04-25-2015, 11:25 AM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 191 Posts

Passport(Fedex) from Miami to Oklahoma City. Great experience!
Old 04-25-2015, 05:49 PM
yashagrawal
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have used Intercity, once and they were great. You can see they are good, with the type of preinspection they do when loading a luxury car. My driver spend about 10 min looking at my Porsche from every angle, and documenting the faintest scratches that I never knew existed. They arrived on time and even adjusted their schedule to deliver on a particular day!, typically they give a week's range!.

For a bad experience, see my thread on Car-Go and AMPM.
Old 04-25-2015, 11:47 PM
ElectricChair
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 93 Posts

Exotic Car Transport
http://www.exoticcartransport.com/

I used them to transport my GT3 from Maryland to Florida. It couldn't be better!
Old 09-17-2015, 04:15 AM
eShipTransport
1st Gear

Default EShip - Auto Transport & moving company in USA

eShip is one of the top rated transportation company which is dedicated to provide the best service to all customers regardless the size and volume of shipment. eShip enables customers to save about 65% on shipment, as it has huge volume of cargo. national auto transport companies, auto transport reviews, top auto transport companies
Old 09-17-2015, 03:55 PM
jsalah
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ElectricChair
Exotic Car Transport
http://www.exoticcartransport.com/

I used them to transport my GT3 from Maryland to Florida. It couldn't be better!
Just used them too not even 2 months ago to bring up my 2010 C4S from Florida.
You just have to make sure to be clear on when they are picking up the car, but otherwise it was fine. Price was good (~$1100), truck was clean, driver was nice and careful with the car.

Good luck.
Old 09-19-2015, 01:54 PM
997v2cabrio
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I was getting quotes for Chicago to Florida. I was flying back to Chicago to meet the truck, but no one could give me a date, just a big range of dates. I ended up driving it down, and had the time of my life. The radar/laser detector, and Waze app kept me ticket free
Old 09-19-2015, 03:12 PM
Wasserkühlung
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wiggy
I have used DAS many times and have never had an issue.
We have used DAS many times and have never had an issue. They are not the cheapest though.
Old 10-07-2015, 04:37 AM
Blake Anderson
6th Gear

http://www.freedomautotransport.net is best for you.
Old 12-15-2015, 02:28 AM
Blake Anderson
6th Gear

There is a cool site for auto shipping which I have recently seen its http://www.freedomautotransport.net
they show you actual prices truckers are taking for getting your car shipped out. This way you can compare those to the quotes you receive and choose the best one.
Old 12-18-2015, 05:34 PM
WillJo
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think the storage lot thing is really a big issue and most companies that are doing that will tell you if you ask. It's pretty standard practice for your normal open carrier jobs I think. If you're using an enclosed carrier (and I hope you are!) then it shouldn't be an issue. I have a friend that shipped his 911 to Seattle with a1 auto transport in Georgia and he had good things to say about them. You should be fine with any experienced company, just make sure they have a track record and work in the areas you're going to & from.
Old 12-18-2015, 09:31 PM
mike9186
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I had an excellent experience with DeMoise Transport. They shipped me a 964 from Memphis to Long Island, NY. Bill DeMoise is a fellow PCA member and a great guy.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:28 PM
AngelsTransport
Former Vendor

Our quote will come in a few hundred dollars lower then the ones I see you have listed. All those carriers are top notch, we have many independents in our data base that are top notch. I can give you over 10 Rennlist Forum customer references that would give us a thumbs up!

Dina Gifford
Old 12-19-2015, 12:08 PM
tanger
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

My experience w DAS is very different (to the negative). Both cars were delivered filthy (they looked like they had been transported in an open carrier and then left in a pit of wet mud, sunbaked, and then someone tried to spray it off leaving water spots all over).

On top of that, had minor damage which they completely denied although i documented it right at delivery with pictures, emails, etc.

Sounds like YMMV with these guys.

+1 on Angels Moving. Great experience with them and competitive pricing.

Originally Posted by Wasserkühlung
We have used DAS many times and have never had an issue. They are not the cheapest though.

Quick Reply: QUESTION: Best Auto Transport Company?