Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.1 to 997.2 - New Intro in DFW and Pics (Go Rangers)

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 03:56 PM
vexed
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Very nice car and as Red Sox fan I agree with your assessment of the Rangers. Washington is the not the brightest but Girardi's notebook is not infallible. Let's leave AJ in and have him pitch to Molina.......
Old 10-22-2010, 04:37 PM
leneuromancer
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't care for baseball any but many years ago I learned to follow the home team regardless (as my mum was always in a sh!te mood when her team was losing)... my guess is that the Rangers will wrap it up tonight!! (and I can't believe I am on here spouting b'ball b.s.)

Sweet ride, hope to find you here on the road soon!!
Old 10-22-2010, 04:58 PM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by porscheconvert
Oh and I almost forgot...I have sport exhaust on the 997.2. It is honestly hard to tell the difference between PSE and Non. Not worth the $ IMO. Will do aftermarket in future....
Congrats! Beautiful, gotta love Guards Red!

How's the sound compared to the 997.1? I have heard the exhaust note is one of the few areas the 997.2 took a slighly backward step. What's your take? And did your .1 have PSE too?
Old 10-22-2010, 06:26 PM
porscheconvert
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mspeedster
Congrats! Beautiful, gotta love Guards Red!

How's the sound compared to the 997.1? I have heard the exhaust note is one of the few areas the 997.2 took a slighly backward step. What's your take? And did your .1 have PSE too?
Very similar sound...actually, if I had to pick I would say 997.2 sounds a bit better (vs. 997.1 w/o PSE).

Last edited by porscheconvert; 10-22-2010 at 07:46 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:52 PM
porscheconvert
Racer

Originally Posted by vexed
Very nice car and as Red Sox fan I agree with your assessment of the Rangers. Washington is the not the brightest but Girardi's notebook is not infallible. Let's leave AJ in and have him pitch to Molina.......
Yep...flip side of that decision though was:
1. Molina not exactly a powerhouse hitter...while his bat has been a bit hot, he had under 5 hr in regular season. In the end, he threw a great pitch for a DP...Molina got lucky if you ask me.
2. Gotta take into account the personalities of your personnel...ie is AJ a hothead and would he get rattled for future games if taken out mid inning vs. between innings.
3. Bullpen hasn't exactly been performing well...Rangers have hit better off bullpen than starters.

Can't say as though I disagreed with that call...hindsight though...
Old 10-22-2010, 08:33 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 866 Likes on 591 Posts

Very, very nice - congrats! I need to go wash my car
Old 10-22-2010, 08:58 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Received 136 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by vexed
haha! The hatred runs deep, my Beantown foe! I would also never pull for the Sox in the postseason. As we all know though, we all prefer to play each other in the playoffs. TB being in the mix is weak! I have hard core Sox fan relatives in New England and I know this all too well about Red Sox nation. Same w/ the Yankee Universe. Nothing is like a postseason showndown between the Yanks and Sox, that is baseball!!!
Old 10-22-2010, 09:15 PM
vexed
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SARGEPUG
haha! The hatred runs deep, my Beantown foe! I would also never pull for the Sox in the postseason. As we all know though, we all prefer to play each other in the playoffs. TB being in the mix is weak! I have hard core Sox fan relatives in New England and I know this all too well about Red Sox nation. Same w/ the Yankee Universe. Nothing is like a postseason showndown between the Yanks and Sox, that is baseball!!!
It's so true, we root against each other. I would have been conflicted in a NY-TB playoff series, but in the end it would have been go Rays.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:18 PM
Dartmouth
Burning Brakes

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Hey Red, I'm saving my post till after the game tonight. Later man.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:51 PM
JMaples
Advanced

porscheconvert, just wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing why you switched from a cab to a coupe.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:38 AM
nazhat
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dartmouth
Nice car, very nice car. BUT your Rangers are going to LOSE.
LETS GO YANKEES!
Lets see now.......who just killed the NY Yorkies?
Old 10-23-2010, 12:41 AM
nazhat
Instructor

Originally Posted by SARGEPUG
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!
uhhhhh, what?
Old 10-23-2010, 12:42 AM
nazhat
Instructor

Originally Posted by porscheconvert
Haha...Ivy League doesn't necessarily translate to baseball smarts I see.

I'm just a city college boy (and got C's...except for in grad school), but played some D-1 ball - so here's the deal:
1. The better baseball team is no doubt the Rangers...however, the Yankees have a shot given Ron Washington's poor decision making.
2. As a former athlete, MOJO trumps talent. Too many players are in a "zone" right now for the Rangers...even though C.J.'s bullets looking like a beach ball for Cano, 1 player's MOJO won't be enough for the Yanks.
3. Good pitching will ALWAYS beat good hitting. Fortunately for the Rangers, Lee is in a zone and simply cannot be stopped. This doesn't make sense to those who haven't hit a 90MPH fastball from someone normal vs. someone who's throwing like Lee is right now.

No worries though, because no matter who wins, I still drive a 911 and my hot wife thinks I'm cool
Now your hot wife thinks you are cool and smart
Old 10-23-2010, 10:40 AM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 75 Posts

As many other Red Sox fans, "I love The Red Sox and whoever BEATS the Yankees". So for now, I'm also a Texas Rangers fan!
Old 10-23-2010, 01:21 PM
porscheconvert
Racer

Originally Posted by JMaples
porscheconvert, just wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing why you switched from a cab to a coupe.
Ahhh...yes...back to my other love - cars. Quite simple for me anyway:
1. TX isn't the best place to own Cab...approximately 2 months a year for usage doesn't justify the 10K premium. What can I say - I'm coin operated! Moreover, I am often on the phone while driving, so wind noise too much to accommodate.
2. I'm more about "go" than "show" and the coupe is much lighter and more responsive.
3. Have 3 kids...and the coupe has a bit more room in the back.
4. Not as many rattles.
5. Washing not quite as stressful - ie if I want to run the car through a commercial quick wash (although I rarely do that), no problem. Can't do that with Cab. Also, kept hearing stories of ripped covers (either vandalism or acts of God). Liability > value for me.

Quick Reply: 997.1 to 997.2 - New Intro in DFW and Pics (Go Rangers)