Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.1 to 997.2 - New Intro in DFW and Pics (Go Rangers)

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 06:13 PM
JMaples
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All good reasons for switching.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:37 PM
Dartmouth
Burning Brakes

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Congrats Red! Your Rangers were the better team. But I still have a couple things to say. 1. You haven' t done anything UNLESS you win the World Series and get THE RING. AND 2. Cliff Lee will be a Yankee next year. That you can count on.
But good luck.
Attached Images  
Old 10-23-2010, 10:52 PM
nazhat
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dartmouth
Congrats Red! Your Rangers were the better team. But I still have a couple things to say. 1. You haven' t done anything UNLESS you win the World Series and get THE RING. AND 2. Cliff Lee will be a Yankee next year. That you can count on.
But good luck.
You know, you are right.....but the Rangers still....killed the Yankees.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:29 PM
porscheconvert
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

But good luck.
Ivy League insight...actually might be spot on. If Rangers are smart, they will find Cliff's "personal win" and appeal to it. Here's my "Cutter" inside on 0-2 count for Cliff:
-Rangers can't match pay, but TX is closest to Cliff's family compound. It's the classic argument...would you leave your current employer for extra 30% in pay but added 1 hour each way for your commute to the office? I wouldn't, but then again I'm a family man and have enough money...
-Can't match Yankee Ring pedigree, but in TX he has chance to build franchise from scratch. Many Microsoft and Oracle execs took a shot and left to go to a start up called Google. Wonder if they had any regrets...?
-No doubt, pitching in TX hurts pitching profession statistics given the incredibly hot weather. While Nolan Ryan doesn't have the greatest stats...he goes down without dispute as the greatest pitcher of all time. Want to build a legacy of differentiation, or chase stats?
-Last but not least culture/chemistry...NY no doubt has more loyal fans, arguably more exciting ballpark environment, and frankly more WW notoriety. But at this stage of the career, want to build lifelong bonds with skirt chasing-frat boys that seem to fight like middle schoolers...OR...build relationships with "salt of the earth" teammates like Hamilton, Vladdy, and of course our own Porsche enthusiast C.J.?

What's it going to be Cliff? Character or compromise? Time to duck...
Old 10-24-2010, 12:10 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Received 136 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by porscheconvert
Ivy League insight...actually might be spot on. If Rangers are smart, they will find Cliff's "personal win" and appeal to it. Here's my "Cutter" inside on 0-2 count for Cliff:
-Rangers can't match pay, but TX is closest to Cliff's family compound. It's the classic argument...would you leave your current employer for extra 30% in pay but added 1 hour each way for your commute to the office? I wouldn't, but then again I'm a family man and have enough money...
-Can't match Yankee Ring pedigree, but in TX he has chance to build franchise from scratch. Many Microsoft and Oracle execs took a shot and left to go to a start up called Google. Wonder if they had any regrets...?
-No doubt, pitching in TX hurts pitching profession statistics given the incredibly hot weather. While Nolan Ryan doesn't have the greatest stats...he goes down without dispute as the greatest pitcher of all time. Want to build a legacy of differentiation, or chase stats?
-Last but not least culture/chemistry...NY no doubt has more loyal fans, arguably more exciting ballpark environment, and frankly more WW notoriety. But at this stage of the career, want to build lifelong bonds with skirt chasing-frat boys that seem to fight like middle schoolers...OR...build relationships with "salt of the earth" teammates like Hamilton, Vladdy, and of course our own Porsche enthusiast C.J.?

What's it going to be Cliff? Character or compromise? Time to duck...
haha, interesting layout there and not too off. However, when one comes to the Yankes, every year he has a very probable shot at the title. W/ other teams, they seem to lose it afterwards, even after they win a WS title.
Texas was the better team this year for sure and I thing they will steamroll thru the WS w/ the momentum and high of beating the Yankees.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:30 PM
Dartmouth
Burning Brakes

Not sure you gents watched the SF vs Phils last night but I wouldn't get sized for that ring just yet. Giants are also on a high and feeling really good having beaten the two time NL champs and WS champs from 2 years ago. This really should be a good series. Good pitching, good hitting and 2 cities that have not had a world series in a long time so the crowds will be crazy. I'm not one to watch much if my Yanks aren't in it but I'll watch the games where Lee and Lincecum pitch. Two of the best pitchers in Major leagues. Good luck Red!
Old 10-25-2010, 09:42 AM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Received 136 Likes on 87 Posts

Not sure you gents watched the SF vs Phils last night but I wouldn't get sized for that ring just yet. Giants are also on a high and feeling really good having beaten the two time NL champs and WS champs from 2 years ago. This really should be a good series. Good pitching, good hitting and 2 cities that have not had a world series in a long time so the crowds will be crazy. I'm not one to watch much if my Yanks aren't in it but I'll watch the games where Lee and Lincecum pitch. Two of the best pitchers in Major leagues. Good luck Red!
I hate that ugly bastard Lincecum, ever since he hit Jeter on the wrist in the All Star game. You don't go inside like that in an All Star game and especially on a man of Jeter's caliber. I also hate the Giants, because you know Pelosi will be going for them! Go Texas!!!!!
Old 10-25-2010, 10:16 AM
Dartmouth
Burning Brakes

My Man. I forgot about Jeter getting hit it the All Star game. Thanks for reminding me. Now I hate him for sure and he is an ugly dude. Well, Lee will beat him so no big deal but i do enjoy a good pitching match up.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:43 PM
MDP997
4th Gear

Congrats on the ride! Go Rangers!
Old 10-25-2010, 04:42 PM
porscheconvert
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MDP997
Congrats on the ride! Go Rangers!
Looks like we did a swap...Born in Cleveland, but been in TX longer than I've not. Used to be an Tribe fan
Old 10-25-2010, 06:49 PM
MDP997
4th Gear

Originally Posted by porscheconvert
Looks like we did a swap...Born in Cleveland, but been in TX longer than I've not. Used to be an Tribe fan
I was born and raised in Texas but have lived in Ohio for the last 20. I went to my first Ranger game in 1980 when I was 7 and have been a huge fan ever since. I am so happy for this franchise and Ranger fans everywhere.

Quick Reply: 997.1 to 997.2 - New Intro in DFW and Pics (Go Rangers)