Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 10:51 AM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by mickfluff
Xpel, thanks for being a board sponsor.... please know some of us value the sponsors wether the product being sold is our taste/need or not, others don't get it.... Here is a helpful hint for some of the rude welcomes.....Run off the sponsors and the forum starts to go downhill.

Anyway wish you success with the product.....

PS What size sheets does it come in? I am building a carraige house with a possible interior bay to wash cars.... looking for something cool to apply to the walls where water will splash onto when rinse etc...
Thanks for the support, mickfluff.

It comes in 48 inch widths and the rolls are 164 feet long. Let me know if you want a sample and I'll send some out to you.

Old 10-21-2010, 12:16 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mickfluff, it looks like you are the one lynching...

I said fake carbon fibre isn't for me, you call me a jackass.

Which part of my post did you find rude? Did I offend you personally that you felt the need to call me a name? Is this not an open forum, where one can express his/hers likes/dislikes?

Yes, I could have just said that cf is not something I would use. But you could have used another set of words as well.

I appreciate all sponsors. I pay to be here too. But, like XPEL said, negative comments are a part of the deal.

So, if I had a fake Porsche, I'd definitely get myself some fake carbon fibre. It would look great with my fake Rolex and my wife's fake Gucci bag.

Smartass, maybe. But jackass?!
Old 10-21-2010, 12:50 PM
MrSelfDestruct
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 33 Posts

your car is 06, maybe worth a lot closer to 50K then 100K these days....just saying...
I won't put it on my $100k 2010. Just sayin'...
Old 10-21-2010, 01:06 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

The product as a product looks top quality and the installation pictures of Xpel in this and other threads look amazing, but I think that any product installed on these cars should have more of a functional role than a decorative one. If that rule is broken it is better if the aesthetics of the decoration reflect the car in a more appropriate manner.
I think that the carbon film doesn’t belong to either of the above.

On a sidenote my understanding is that sponsors here in RL help the site financially and for that reason buy the right to show their products and services in a vast database of customers belonging to their target group. I don’t think that this right comes together with immunity to negative comments from other members.

John
Old 10-21-2010, 01:39 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default I just don't get it....

"I don’t think that this right comes together with immunity to negative comments from other members."

I just don't get it? Of course someone can dislike, post negative review etc but my point is daily that line is crossed. There is a way to say something is not for you.... not one's taste, not their style, dislike it, what ever and there is insulting the OP. To often on this board many feel the need to post negative (which is great, negative is fine) then follow up with the BS.

My only point.... but I officially give up

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
The product as a product looks top quality and the installation pictures of Xpel in this and other threads look amazing, but I think that any product installed on these cars should have more of a functional role than a decorative one. If that rule is broken it is better if the aesthetics of the decoration reflect the car in a more appropriate manner.
I think that the carbon film doesn’t belong to either of the above.

On a sidenote my understanding is that sponsors here in RL help the site financially and for that reason buy the right to show their products and services in a vast database of customers belonging to their target group. I don’t think that this right comes together with immunity to negative comments from other members.

John
Old 10-21-2010, 01:51 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 217 Posts

My only point.... but I officially give up
If you're going to get hurt over things said on the internet, you have a long, miserable life ahead of you. Especially when the negative things are directed at a vendor product with which you have no association.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:10 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default ?

Never called you a jackass...I did not reply to your post, I replied to the OP warning him of what was to come... and it came.

gravedgr - happy guy here.... thanks though

moving on.....and back on topic

Great the size sheets this stuff comes in, will be in touch... tx

Originally Posted by 1990964C4
mickfluff, it looks like you are the one lynching...

I said fake carbon fibre isn't for me, you call me a jackass.

Which part of my post did you find rude? Did I offend you personally that you felt the need to call me a name? Is this not an open forum, where one can express his/hers likes/dislikes?

Yes, I could have just said that cf is not something I would use. But you could have used another set of words as well.

I appreciate all sponsors. I pay to be here too. But, like XPEL said, negative comments are a part of the deal.

So, if I had a fake Porsche, I'd definitely get myself some fake carbon fibre. It would look great with my fake Rolex and my wife's fake Gucci bag.

Smartass, maybe. But jackass?!
Old 10-21-2010, 03:10 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ Oh, I get it. You didn't reply to my post, but was trying to warn the OP that he is going to get negative feedback while you actually like the product. That makes sence.

XPEL, would you please tell mickfluff that you are not really insulted by my comment and are not planning to stop sponsoring this site, before he has another seisure. Thanks and good luck.

Quick Reply: Accent Your 997 With A Little Carbon Fiber