Learning the 997

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 04:23 PM
nazhat
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Learning the 997

Ok Team,

So I am starting to learn all about the 997 and the differences I already see compared to the 03 996 I used to have:

-I am trying to install a K&N Filter and ran into some issues....the 996 was so much easier. This 997 has so many hoses hooked up to it. Not sure how some get unplugged while I do the filter change.

-While the rear lid is open, I am looking all throughout the engine and closest to me, below the upper lip, I see a metal wire that runs to the left and close to the coolant tank. Its not hooked up to anything and its ends with a loop. To me, it seems like it has something to do with the locking mechanisim of the lid??? Why is the other end not hooked to anything?

I appreciate your feedback.

By the way, I love this car....responds to well and handles beautifully.

Nazhat
Old 10-15-2010, 06:13 PM
solidst8
Rennlist Member

Theres a nice write up here: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...ve-airbox.html

I'm sure that wire is a manual override to open the hood, can't think of anything else it could be.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:10 PM
nazhat
Instructor

Originally Posted by solidst8
Theres a nice write up here: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...ve-airbox.html

I'm sure that wire is a manual override to open the hood, can't think of anything else it could be.
Thanks a lot, I wasn't sure what to do with the vacuum lines but now I know. Much appreciated.

Quick Reply: Learning the 997