Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dension Bluetooth Problem....Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 07:19 PM
dw.metro
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dension Bluetooth Problem....Help!

I installed the Dension Bluetooth/Ipod Combo in my car last week and I can't seem to get it working properly. When dialing or receiving calls, the only way to get the sound through the car speakers is to hit my volume button on my Iphone. I tried an LG phone as well with the same results. Eric from Bumperplugs has been assisting me with this but the problem still persists. I have a 2006 C2 and yes, I activated the CD changer at Porsche before the install. Can anyone help?
Old 10-09-2010, 07:26 PM
Adam Conrad
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I messed around with mine for a while before i got the right setting. This is what I did, your situation may be different.

Have you tried to reprogram the speakers using the ###9 and then hit the 'SEND' key on the phone panel? 9 is what worked for me as the setting - otherwise I could only faintly hear callers. This is a setting for an iPhone, mine is an EVO but that is what worked really well for me. If that doesn't work I think ###11 is another option. Eric had me trying even numbers and odd actually worked best for my 997.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:56 PM
dw.metro
Racer

Thank you Adam! That was great advice. It finally works although the volume is still on the low side. When I hit the volume button on the iphone once, the sound bumps right up to a much higher level. Not perfect but much better.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:56 AM
dw.metro
Racer

Update - To see if I could improve the voiume, I pressed ###11 "send" on my panel. By programming these digits, the volume automatically increased through my speakers. Dension Bluetooth now works perfectly with my Iphone 3gs!
Old 10-12-2010, 12:33 AM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 111 Posts

Where did you place the mic?
Old 10-12-2010, 03:26 AM
dw.metro
Racer

Mic is placed by the dome light.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:54 AM
Adam Conrad
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In case you find that the volume 'resets' itself after your radio being powered down there is an update/patch for the bluetooth module. I didn't have the problem, but I ran the patch anyway. It is really simple to do, just put the download file in the root directory of a thumb drive and plug it into the usb port on the Dension unit. Updates/patches can be found at
http://www.dension.com/index.php?pag...ory=BTA%201500 under Volume Fix.

I also ran the +6db volume increase patch before I figured out the ###11 SEND configuration

Quick Reply: Dension Bluetooth Problem....Help!