Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.2: Why almost nobody with Techart parts ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 01:34 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 590 Posts

Modding is very personal. Not for me. I would never slam someone who wants to do it (within reason of course ). I like the aero kits - looks like a Gt3. Only thing I would consider is exhaust and maybe wheels. Stock 997.2 exhaust is too unassuming. PSE may be best of both worlds.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:07 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by mickfluff
Enjoy...

best post yet and his 11nth.... "spoilers spoil cars...." ahhhhhh! As we can see by most Porsche 911 models I don't think Porsche Corporate shares the same sentiment....

and thanks for the spell check on the soles....

I can tell you for sure edgy01 that "modding" or not "modding" is NOT a maturity thing...Such a comment displays your ignorance. I know plenty of successful, well educated, mature people out there that like to mod... Personally I buy my toys/cars to enjoy and don't spend my days worrying about loosing some $ on resale or worshiping the mexico blue budha... (I do like that color though....)

drink up....

Concours level events are great , appreciate and applaud those that have a passion for keeping their cars stock...but have less tolerance for some (yes some not all) that carry the ugly elitists attitude that being a purist is better, smarter, or "more mature" then another car enthusiast.....pathetic that some hold this view...
Loose or lose?
Old 10-06-2010, 02:44 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default ahhhh.....

ahhhhh!...... Quite the infantile reply Mr mature. Too funny... the more mexico blue paint you sniff the more credibility you loose. You got bounced of 6speed (forum with some well respected members in the car world....) for being a jackass if memory serves me right... happy to see you smartened up.

next.....

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Loose or lose?
Old 10-06-2010, 03:59 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Whoa, mickfluff, back off on the hostility a couple of notches. The OP posed some very specific questions about why people on this forum didn't post pics of their mods and asked whether they had issues with Techart parts. Responses were direct, but fair, that moddiing is not a big deal here for many of us.

You were the one who made sarcastic comments about "the useless list of replies", "buying a Porsche ...... yawn", "the cool aid served at the most recent concours event" and personal cracks like "ugly elitist attitude", "pathetic views", "displaying your ignorance", and "being a jackass" for example.

Looking back at the posts, no one else got personal about their views on modding or modders, they just gave their opinions. Those opinions may be different than yours, but that's the reason for discussing things, right? Stop being so defensive and make your points.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

My only mod was clear side markers......but I think the car goes faster now... no,no.... washing the car makes it go faster......new side markers make the car handle better... that's it!
Old 10-06-2010, 04:21 PM
Graygoose997
.org
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ahhhhh!...... Quite the infantile reply Mr mature. Too funny... the more mexico blue paint you sniff the more credibility you loose. You got bounced of 6speed (forum with some well respected members in the car world....) for being a jackass if memory serves me right... happy to see you smartened up.next.....
Edgy's paint doesn't smell.....at least he thinks it doesn't.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:27 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default please

"Looking back at the posts, no one else got personal about their views on modding or modders,"

you must have skipped right over your buddies Edgy01 posts I guess..... give me a break.... moving on, unless your boy blue posts more BS of course...

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Whoa, mickfluff, back off on the hostility a couple of notches. The OP posed some very specific questions about why people on this forum didn't post pics of their mods and asked whether they had issues with Techart parts. Responses were direct, but fair, that moddiing is not a big deal here for many of us.

You were the one who made sarcastic comments about "the useless list of replies", "buying a Porsche ...... yawn", "the cool aid served at the most recent concours event" and personal cracks like "ugly elitist attitude", "pathetic views", "displaying your ignorance", and "being a jackass" for example.

Looking back at the posts, no one else got personal about their views on modding or modders, they just gave their opinions. Those opinions may be different than yours, but that's the reason for discussing things, right? Stop being so defensive and make your points.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:44 PM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

give me a break
I think you need to take a break.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:16 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by Nugget
I think you need to take a break.
LOL. That's funny.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:45 PM
Bill_C4S
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ah....Have a

Attached Images  

Quick Reply: 997.2: Why almost nobody with Techart parts ?