Sponsored by:

small rolling noise in passenger door

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 02:24 PM
cpbmd
Burning Brakes

Received 214 Likes on 102 Posts
Default small rolling noise in passenger door

Well I am just getting used to my 911. I noticed today for the second time a sound in the area of the passenger door when I brake hard. It sounds like a little marble rolling forward. Any ideas what this is? Could something have broken or fallen off the inside of the door. Maybe related to the Bose speakers? I am taking the car to the dealership next week so I can have them check it out. But from what I can tell people on this forum are better diagnosticians than many people at the dealerships. Thanks

Last edited by cpbmd; 09-14-2010 at 02:24 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-14-2010, 02:44 PM
Clifton
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 39 Posts

There really aren't that many things that would fall off and roll around behind the door panel.
First thing I would do is check for items inside the door pocket (under the door arm rest). Assuming there is nothing rolling around and you have 20min, I'd pull the door panel off myself. Sure the dealer can do this for you, but once you figure 10 there, 1 hour in service and 10 min back, you can save a lot of your own time and tinker a little bit. The panel removal is a piece of cake.

Click here for instructions on how to remove a door panel
Old 09-14-2010, 02:51 PM
cpbmd
Burning Brakes

Received 214 Likes on 102 Posts

Awesome. I looked in the door pocket and found nothing. I will give it a whirl tonight. Thanks so much for the info. This forum rocks!
Dealer is also $125/hour here in NH. Those are city prices IMO.
Well I just looked at your write up. It was excellent. Need to get those tools first. Maybe I won't do it tonight after all.
thanks

Quick Reply: small rolling noise in passenger door