Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacement exhaust tips

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 03:30 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 80 Posts

I'm kind of a "Keep things simple" type of guy. I made these out of stainless steel and polished them. Car is an '09 C2S with the Sharkwerks center muffler by-pass
Attached Images  
Old 09-13-2010, 07:03 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 436 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by RonCT
Just trying to understand and answer the question You said stock looks lame / boring, you freaked out about $900 for new tips, and then asked if we had any suggestions. I guess mine is to reconsider the whole concept... Maybe an exhaust mod that "does something", meaning changes the tone / performance of the car?
I'll be clear - I'm looking for complete cosmetics. So that when I walk up to the car in the parking lot I say "Cool!" and not "Who stuck a Camaro exhaust on my 911?"
Old 09-13-2010, 07:05 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 436 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by VGM911
The framing of your post appears that you wanted to invite discussion. Then you complained when you got it. Just sayin'.
Sorry if I was not clear. My message was "I don't like stock. I'm considering aftermarket. Can you suggest any? Are they all $900+?" I welcome all discussion, but am not here to debate whether or not its a good idea. I realize there is no functional value - neither are the aftermarket wheels I'm buying.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:23 PM
LlBr
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gravedgr
I welcome all discussion

+1 I'm with you. You never know what you'll learn.

Besides, there's plenty of room. It's not like there are fifty guys here all talking at the same time.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:43 AM
2K7TTMIA
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by gravedgr
I'll be clear - I'm looking for complete cosmetics. So that when I walk up to the car in the parking lot I say "Cool!" and not "Who stuck a Camaro exhaust on my 911?"

^^ sorry f4 plt, but yeah..who stuck a Camaro exhaust on a 911?? ^^^
IF not cosmetics...at least OEM appearance....
Old 09-14-2010, 12:45 PM
LlBr
Drifting

Originally Posted by f4 plt
I'm kind of a "Keep things simple" type of guy. I made these out of stainless steel and polished them. Car is an '09 C2S with the Sharkwerks center muffler by-pass
Looks very interesting. I don't like frilly stuff either. Always wondered why there aren't some "BUMPER PLUGS" or other trim pieces available to round out the oval exhaust cut out openings in the bumper.

Do you have a street level view. This view on the lift you show might be a bit distracting.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:38 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by LlBr
Looks very interesting. I don't like frilly stuff either. Always wondered why there aren't some "BUMPER PLUGS" or other trim pieces available to round out the oval exhaust cut out openings in the bumper.

Do you have a street level view. This view on the lift you show might be a bit distracting.
I'll take a picture and post it. From street level you don't see the size of the openings just the pipes sticking out. The poster that called them Camero pipes would probably not like the single pipe on my Cayman either but then the Porsche 550 spyder had but one stinger pipe ... that's why we are all different.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:17 PM
LlBr
Drifting

Originally Posted by f4 plt
I'll take a picture and post it. From street level you don't see the size of the openings just the pipes sticking out. The poster that called them Camero pipes would probably not like the single pipe on my Cayman either but then the Porsche 550 spyder had but one stinger pipe ... that's why we are all different.
I will always like the "less is more" principle when it comes to styling a car; unfortunately that's not where the public's head is at. Fake quads were used to differentiate "S" from non-S oval tips. Oval-shaped cutouts are there to make room for "sounds-cool-does-nothing" PSE. So one might conclude PSE and quad tips are gimmicks which require the rest of us to get stuck with the odd oval cut out. Then again lots of cars are becoming gimmicky. Oh well, we'll buy and drive them anyway.

Here're some more "Cameros."
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Replacement exhaust tips