Sponsored by:

997.2 Annual Maintenance Update - All's Well

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 03:53 PM
SY-997
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997.2 Annual Maintenance Update - All's Well

Since we often share stories about the problems we have with our cars, I thought I'd share that mine has performed well.

I bought my car new in May 2009 and had the oil changed 3 months later @ ~2,500 miles. I’ve now got ~9,700 miles on it. (I know, I should drive it more – (un)fortunately I’ve been working too much). I had the annual service done at the beginning of August and there were no issues or open campaigns. No oil leaks, excessive oil consumption, soot, jerky shifts, annoying rattles, etc. I’ve still got ~3mm on the rear tires, so at the rate I’m putting on miles, I figure I’ll change them before the rains start this winter. The OEM Pirellis have gotten noticeably noisier.

When I bought the car, I had Premier apply the protective film over the front quarter, including the full hood. While the windshield is starting to show a little pitting, the body finish covered by the film continues to look as new.

Overall the ownership experience has been great. The car has performed flawlessly, whether it’s been top down cruising on sunny days, spirited driving on twisty roads, mundane freeway commuting, taking my wife to a weekend getaway or dinner, errand running with the kids, or my wife enjoying driving the kids and friends. We’ve only had 2 minor issues: a nail caused a slow leak in one tire and strong winds last winter blew some debris that caused a minor ding in the side. Both were easily fixed.

Over the past year I’ve also enjoyed the discussions on Rennlist. While I’m not a frequent poster, I’ve learned a lot from other members and have made mental notes of others’ experiences. When I added PSE I initially thought it didn’t add much exhaust note, but learned from Rennlist that PSE needs to “break-in,” which it has. I will be considering Bridgestones when it comes time to replace all 4 tires. And if I ever get around to tracking, I’ve got a great source of beginner info in addition to my local PCA chapter. My thanks go to all who contribute to the forum.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:09 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 397 Likes on 271 Posts

Great experience! 9k miles in a year is most excellent!

Quick Reply: 997.2 Annual Maintenance Update - All's Well