Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997 and IMS issue--Scary!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Palmbeacher
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even if only little things go wrong over time, unless you are a DIY-guy, German cars are very expensive to fix. Our other car is an '03 E-Class Mercedes, which now has 62K on it. It has been remarkably trouble-free. But in the last year, one of the power door locks failed, along with a gas guage sensor, the plastic part inside the steering wheel hub that cancels the turn signals, and finally the gas tank sprung a minor leak. All together, using a very reasonably-priced independent shop, the tally so far is over $3000. It hasn't cost me a dime however, because I have an aftermarket warranty that covers everything except a short list of exclusions. The warranty cost me $2750 and still has a year and 12K miles left.

I've had the same experience with half a dozen cars in the past, so I'll be getting the same warranty for my '05 C2 the moment CPO expires. "Minor" repairs on this 6+ yr old car will surely pay for the cost of the warranty, and I'll have protection in case of a catastrophic engine failure. No trouble sleeping here.

Quick Reply: 997 and IMS issue--Scary!