Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Occasional clutch slippage

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 01:59 AM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 395 Likes on 271 Posts

Cabin filter: Look in the trunk on the passenger side. You will have to remove a plastic cover.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:25 AM
JW911
Three Wheelin'

Received 352 Likes on 183 Posts

Here's a little clarity on the symtoms of a burning clutch. Pretty hilarious...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pum3EmN3ec
Old 09-20-2010, 10:31 AM
equiraptor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ADias
This has nothing to do w/ SC Sport mode. If the clutch slips on of 3 things happened: (i) you did not release it completely or (ii) there's something wrong w/ the master cylinder hydraulics, or (iii) the clutch is worn.

You know if it is (i) or (iii). If the issue only happened once it could be (ii) hydraulics. Have it checked. Have you flushed the brake lines every 2 years or more often if you track the car?
The weird thing is, in some Porsches, (i) will happen at times even if the driver takes their foot completely off the pedal. I've had it happen to me in 987s and 997s. It had only happened when, had the car done what I indicated, the rear tires would have slipped and traction control was enabled. I have never attempted to see if I could make it happen with traction control off - I'm not interested in abusing clutches at that level.

The cars that did this had nothing wrong with the hydraulic system, nor was the clutch worn.

Quick Reply: Occasional clutch slippage