Sponsored by:

2007 997 TT vs 997S

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 11:52 AM
LlBr
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pewter82
Speaking from the stand point of Turbo or NA....for me its a NA. The rush of the Turbo on the open freeway is amazing, but you really need to be aware of the speeds you get to. You really skip just about everything speed wise until your in the low 100's and its still pulling....its pretty neat.
BUT, for me and I'm mid 40's, I've lost some of the devil may care attitude and with the crappy drivers pulling in front of you out there, those blasts into the 100+ speeds are seldom found around here.

The beauty of the TT is it goes very fast very fast. Hitting 100+ is rather routine BUT it happens so fast it's not like you're spending lots of time getting dangerous-er and dangerous-er.

That means it's incredibly fun to drive even in the most mundane situations. Say the traffic opens up and there's a mile between you and the car in front of you on a two lane highway. Hit the gas and in seconds you're there. The point and shoot feature is a blast. Definitely gives it a lasting "TOY" advantage.

Advantage of the above scenario?

1. It was more fun than waiting for the car to accelerate

2. You closed the gap so a slow poke waiting at a stop sign has less chance of getting in front of you because of the large gap.

Massive brakes bring you down fast too.

From what's been said above the conclusion would be what Porsche intended, the TT is a supreme road car. IMO, They went overboard with the"luxury features" like the Porsche Communication Management (like I want to communicate with my office at 100+) and leather.

Also, I'd like more exhaust sound but, then again, I'm glad it's quiet because I don't want to freak out other drivers with sound any more than I already do with vision. I mention that because the "road car" feature should be you don't attract lots of race car attention on the interstate to your own cop-stopped peril. People have cell phones now and looooove to report the Porsche (direct experience on my part). FWIW, My 997S had an exhaust drone that was literally tiresome on long trips.

The car is such a dream. The OP wanted a toy. It's your own personal amusement park ride! You always want to "go again." It's amusing combined with extremely comfortable. I once drove 400 miles, got near home, but instead of going home I decided to continue on another additional 80 miles to check something out for fun. Maybe that's true of all Porsches but I don't remember doing that before in the ones I had before I got the TT.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:24 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I traded my 2007 turbo for a .2 2010 gt3 and couldn't be happier. The turbo IS all about effortless speed but the gt3 IS much more fun, imo. I don't track my cars either. We're talking street fun. Again, imo, the turbos have gotten far too soft, sit too high and lack any impressive sound for my tastes. Yeah, you can mod (for a bit of $$$) but I don't want to. The gt3 ticks all boxes. It sounds infinitely better, has better brakes (I'm talking .2 irons before anyone gets their skirts all fluffed out)), looks better, meaner, has the right body height and wheel offset, etc...

Quick Reply: 2007 997 TT vs 997S