Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 12:15 PM
Kuhan
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPMS Headache...

This is what the cold pressures were:

Then this happened:

I had a small heart attack as I thought I had a flat... After checking the tyre, I realized that is was simply a low pressure warning.

I have my setting set to 18" Summer. According to Porsche, I should be 2.5 bar (36) in front and 3 bar (44.5) in the rear. Is that what you all are running?

If you're running less, how do you stop the TPMS from showing the warning all the time?

After some spirited road driving, the pressures get up there...
Old 07-30-2010, 01:10 PM
peterm
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

keep it in range and it will be ok - running low pressures accomplishes what? Unless your offroading on sand. Fortunately the system is pretty sensitive - my wifes bmw gives no numbers just lights up when pressure is off much more annoying
Old 07-30-2010, 02:56 PM
Spiffyjiff
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

this may be an easy fix and some other threads on here about it as well.

i get the "-4" warning even tho i've filled back up to stock pressure after dropping for a track event. not only that, the warning usu doesnt kick in until i turn off the car. anyway, i've solved this by OVERinflating all tires by 4psi at least, manually reset/recalibrate (or sometimes this is not even needed) the TPMS, and once the system registers and all warnings are gone, simply lower to normal pressure.

hopefully this helps.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:50 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 136 Posts

How you display the TPMS data makes a big difference in these headaches.

I simply have mine posting actual measured pressure in near rear-time instead of a differential measurement (e.g., -4 PSI) so I see 39 39 40 40 or something like that. Perhaps when you tell it to show your air differential from your ideal that's when it will more often prompt you to add or subtract air.

Quick Reply: TPMS Headache...