Sponsored by:

PCA Autocross in mass on sunday

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 12:16 PM
Sweeper
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by utkinpol
why to watch? you can drive your 997 car just fine, it s all fun, watching is sooo booooring.
I know I know :-) I really do need the experience, i'm sure it's a completely different set of skills.

I've watched the SCCA guy thrash around and most of them were beating the heck out of the cars, stretching 2nd gear, and almost never getting to 3rd. These guys were really good too, incredible mods for the non-stock classes.

Although the FTD was posted by a formula ford. Hmmmm Maybe they'll let me try an auto-X in mine, that would be a hoot.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:31 PM
camhabib
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Speaking of the auto-x, does anyone know what class secondary muffler bypass pipes on an 09 C4S puts me into?
Old 07-29-2010, 04:45 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by camhabib
Speaking of the auto-x, does anyone know what class secondary muffler bypass pipes on an 09 C4S puts me into?
stock.
c`mon, who cares about this... you will be just obnoxiously loud now, that`s all.

only thing what matters to me is raw time. oliver consistently pulls 2 sec ahead off me in his stock boxster.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:23 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 420 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweeper
I know I know :-) I really do need the experience, i'm sure it's a completely different set of skills.

I've watched the SCCA guy thrash around and most of them were beating the heck out of the cars, stretching 2nd gear, and almost never getting to 3rd. These guys were really good too, incredible mods for the non-stock classes.

Although the FTD was posted by a formula ford. Hmmmm Maybe they'll let me try an auto-X in mine, that would be a hoot.
Very different set of skills because autox course is always different. Race track road course is wet or dry, always the same turns. Go ahead, bring your race car. Spec Boxter will prob be there Sunday.

Quick Reply: PCA Autocross in mass on sunday