Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TORQUE???

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010 | 07:38 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SARGEPUG
I hear ya, but also, when I sell the car, it will be a very low mileage car and "hopefully" never hit, etc. That should attract a lot of buyers. It will maybe fill a niche for a buyer that doesn't want to go TT cost, but wants TT power.
If you look around, most used Porsches are low mileage, so yours won't be any different, mods such as these make only sense for older, out of warranty, that have depreciated enough. Basically, you can never recover the mod cost and will have a min. 10K hit too.

It just sound you REALLY want to do it, if so, you shouldn't listen to anyone. If you really want extra Torque and can't live without it, are worried about warranty and depreciation, then just admit you bought the wrong Porsche and get a TT!
Old 07-27-2010 | 07:57 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

I hear ya, but also, when I sell the car, it will be a very low mileage car and "hopefully" never hit, etc. That should attract a lot of buyers. It will maybe fill a niche for a buyer that doesn't want to go TT cost, but wants TT power.
I misunderstood your first post. I thought you planned to remove the Turbo. But either way, I think it could impact the sale-ability of your car. If you plan on only putting on very low mileage, I have to ask why you would spend the money on the turbo. I personally think they are better suited to longer term use, and on cars closer to warranty expiration.

PS: Just noticed the above response from Alexb76 that came in while I was preparing this one. Seems like great minds think alike.
Old 07-29-2010 | 01:38 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Originally Posted by alexb76
If you look around, most used Porsches are low mileage, so yours won't be any different, mods such as these make only sense for older, out of warranty, that have depreciated enough. Basically, you can never recover the mod cost and will have a min. 10K hit too.

It just sound you REALLY want to do it, if so, you shouldn't listen to anyone. If you really want extra Torque and can't live without it, are worried about warranty and depreciation, then just admit you bought the wrong Porsche and get a TT!
I hear ya. I am starting to decide against it for the warranty reason, depreciation, potential headaches, etc. I am most definitely going to wait and figure on buying a new TT when the time is right, probably a 12'. Until then I'll be fine, the S is a great performer.
Old 07-29-2010 | 02:13 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

I hear ya. I am starting to decide against it for the warranty reason, depreciation, potential headaches, etc. I am most definitely going to wait and figure on buying a new TT when the time is right, probably a 12'. Until then I'll be fine, the S is a great performer.
I heartily agree with that approach. In the meantime, enjoy!

Quick Reply: TORQUE???