Sponsored by:

Alignment done... WoW!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 10:43 PM
s329
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment done... WoW!

08' C2S. About 10k on the odometer. I bought the car with about 8k from the previous owner. Took her in today for an oil change and other first annual related maintenance to Princeton Porsche in NJ. The main reason and excuse I took her in was really to get a well overdue alignment done. The car always felt a little too aggressive on the toe in. Like as if I was driving my car on train tracks. Almost too centered. After the alignment today, I felt like I got a new car. So much more confidence on corners and just a more dynamic feel on straightaways.

My specs are -1.0, Toe 0.02 for the fronts.
-1.5, Toe .14 in the rear.
I was surprised to how off and inconsistent the factory settings were, which were all over the place (I got a print out of before and after settings info).

Big props to Princeton's service manager John. He is one of those service managers that simply "gets it". Thanks again and I would highly recommend these guys to anyone in the NY/NJ area.

I honestly feel like this is something every owner should get taken of and customized to their liking, due the clearly apparent immediate performance gain while addressing the inconsistent factory settings. Best money I've spent on my car so far!
Old 07-12-2010, 11:28 PM
niner niner seven
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

glad to hear of your good experience. now lets seem some photos!
Old 07-13-2010, 12:23 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

i need an alignment soon, after a year starting to feel off.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:36 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by s329
I was surprised to how off and inconsistent the factory settings were, which were all over the place (I got a print out of before and after settings info).
Best money I've spent on my car so far!
talking of any mods done to a stock car it is really best money well spent.

next step is to put all gt3 suspension parts in there, if you want way stiffer and much more precise steering. but it is not needed at all for a street car of course.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:54 AM
Macster
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by s329
08' C2S. About 10k on the odometer. I bought the car with about 8k from the previous owner. Took her in today for an oil change and other first annual related maintenance to Princeton Porsche in NJ. The main reason and excuse I took her in was really to get a well overdue alignment done. The car always felt a little too aggressive on the toe in. Like as if I was driving my car on train tracks. Almost too centered. After the alignment today, I felt like I got a new car. So much more confidence on corners and just a more dynamic feel on straightaways.

Big props to Princeton's service manager John. He is one of those service managers that simply "gets it". Thanks again and I would highly recommend these guys to anyone in the NY/NJ area.

I honestly feel like this is something every owner should get taken of and customized to their liking, due the clearly apparent immediate performance gain while addressing the inconsistent factory settings. Best money I've spent on my car so far!
Nothing rejuventates a used car like a proper alignment and new tires. Whenever I leave with a new set of tires and either the alignment refreshed if old tire wear indicates it needed it or with new tires and the existing alignment -- cause its still ok -- the car feels like new again. Quiet. Comfortable. Nice road feel. And quiet.

Sincerely,

Macster.

Quick Reply: Alignment done... WoW!