Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No horn beep when locking the car with the remote!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 11:19 AM
Astur
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 86 Posts

Old thread but since I'm new here I think that I'll call in my "newbie" card!

Having come over from from MB and BMW, I too miss the audible confirmation that indeed I locked the car. I did read in one of the forums that one of the ways to "force" the beep was to jumper the glove compartment light switch so that the car thinks that you left it open. Obviously you have to remove the bulb so as not to drain the battery.

I tried going that route but for the love of me, short of dismantling the glove compartment, I can't seem to outright see/feel the switch. Can anyone give me a hint???
Old 09-14-2015, 09:04 AM
911searcher
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RonCT
I often wished there was a quiet autible confirmation the doors locked / unlocked.
Would be nice.

Originally Posted by stevepow
Check out this RemoteKey (or SmartTop if you have a Cab): http://www.wit-usa.com/smailer/link....&v=YuPhMoyCIc8

Works like a champ and provides some other useful features as well - many redundant to the 997.2, but lock beep, remote windows, auto-up passenger window - all pretty cool and fairly easy install.
Checking it out.

Originally Posted by texas911
Porsche can fix this problem by simply having a dedicated lock and unlock buttons on the key.
This.
And while I'm complaining, how about a smaller key head at that.
This.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:32 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,594 Likes on 4,192 Posts

Originally Posted by Astur
Old thread but since I'm new here I think that I'll call in my "newbie" card!

Having come over from from MB and BMW, I too miss the audible confirmation that indeed I locked the car. I did read in one of the forums that one of the ways to "force" the beep was to jumper the glove compartment light switch so that the car thinks that you left it open. Obviously you have to remove the bulb so as not to drain the battery.

I tried going that route but for the love of me, short of dismantling the glove compartment, I can't seem to outright see/feel the switch. Can anyone give me a hint???
If you disconnect the arm that limits the glovebox door range of motion when open, so you can open it a bit further, then reach up and over the top left corner, that's where the switch is. A mirror and light might help you see how it is oriented and works so you can MOD the switch or wiring to achieve your desired result.

Quick Reply: No horn beep when locking the car with the remote!