Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's MOD time!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010 | 07:59 PM
vinnysca
Instructor

Cool It's MOD time!

I just got several more stuff from Suncoast today!

Aluminum grill (actually, they are made of plastic. Geez, what an expensive piece of plastic! LOL)
Illuminated door sills
Aluminum lower side mirror arms (again, PLASTIC!)
Trim removal tools
Leather PDK shifter surround
Gas cap
Oil bag

I can't wait to start putting them on the car! Here's the stuff I got today...

The first one I put on was the aluminum gas cap:

More to come later!

Vince

Last edited by vinnysca; 06-28-2010 at 08:03 PM. Reason: added descriptions
Old 06-28-2010 | 08:08 PM
todd.
Burning Brakes

I would get these two & stop there:
-Leather PDK shifter surround
-Oil bag

Last edited by todd.; 06-28-2010 at 08:43 PM.
Old 06-28-2010 | 08:34 PM
greenpdk
Advanced

Hi Vinny,
I told you I would send the photos of my new install. Green pdk surround and center console. How do you upload the photos to the board. I've never done it.
Jared
Old 06-28-2010 | 09:05 PM
vinnysca
Instructor

Originally Posted by greenpdk
Hi Vinny,
I told you I would send the photos of my new install. Green pdk surround and center console. How do you upload the photos to the board. I've never done it.
Jared
Hey Jared,

You need to sign up for a free Photobucket membership. Then, you can upload all your pics there. Once you do, you can copy the "link" to the pics onto here. Fairly easy to do.

Vince.

PS. I can't wait to see your green surround. I thought about it long and hard, but I didn't want anything to scratch it, such as falling sunglasses, phone, etc. So I went with the leather instead.
Old 06-28-2010 | 09:15 PM
greenpdk
Advanced

Originally Posted by vinnysca
Hey Jared,

You need to sign up for a free Photobucket membership. Then, you can upload all your pics there. Once you do, you can copy the "link" to the pics onto here. Fairly easy to do.

Vince.

PS. I can't wait to see your green surround. I thought about it long and hard, but I didn't want anything to scratch it, such as falling sunglasses, phone, etc. So I went with the leather instead.
I think I figured it out.
Attached Images    
Old 06-28-2010 | 09:20 PM
vinnysca
Instructor

Originally Posted by greenpdk
I think I figured it out.
NICE work Jared! I am about to post my pics of the surround in a few mins. Quick question: How were you able to remove the console itself? I want to replace my eBrake to the aluminum one. Do I need to remove the center console and rear as well?

Vince.
Old 06-28-2010 | 09:34 PM
Jack667
Drifting

I love my aluminum-look gas cap! That's a great mod!
My wife doesn't really get it, and I'm sure many more feel the same way, but it puts a smile on my face every time I get gas...
Old 06-28-2010 | 09:35 PM
vinnysca
Instructor

Here's the leather surround installation photos:

First, you need to remove the PDK shifter. I used a small piece of rubber band to provide some grip on the bottom PDK collar. Turn it counter clockwise and then pull the shifter up.

Here is the securing collar turned to the "open" position

Getting a set of these panel removal tools was a great idea! They worked great for prying off stuff with very minimal surface damage.

This longer tab was a pain in the you-know-what to remove. Again, those tools made it possible to pry them off

Old surround taken off

Here's the leather one being installed. Again, those two longer tabs at the end was a pain to put back in. I made sure I padded the prying tool I used with a microfiber towel since it is now a leather piece and it would easily have been marred by anything.

Tadah! All done!

Vince.
Old 06-28-2010 | 10:42 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default Feel very differently......then his post

Don't stop there.... if your having fun with these and enjoy making your car unique, different and personalized to your taste (not like every other car out there) keep going. You will find more satisfaction the bigger the mod and the bigger the impact of the mod... Your car sounds good stock, but amazing with an exhaust....handles great stock but even better on coil overs etc.... Looks good stock but even better with some mods like your adding+ others.... your enjoying your car, congrats and great to see. So many people encourage people to "drive their cars" as these cars were made to be driven.... make your car your own by modding and you will find another way to enjoy your car. Combine this with driving your car and reach ownership nirvana

Originally Posted by todd.
I would get these two & stop there:
-Leather PDK shifter surround
-Oil bag
Old 06-28-2010 | 11:48 PM
vinnysca
Instructor

Originally Posted by mickfluff
Don't stop there.... if your having fun with these and enjoy making your car unique, different and personalized to your taste (not like every other car out there) keep going. You will find more satisfaction the bigger the mod and the bigger the impact of the mod... Your car sounds good stock, but amazing with an exhaust....handles great stock but even better on coil overs etc.... Looks good stock but even better with some mods like your adding+ others.... your enjoying your car, congrats and great to see. So many people encourage people to "drive their cars" as these cars were made to be driven.... make your car your own by modding and you will find another way to enjoy your car. Combine this with driving your car and reach ownership nirvana
I totally agree with you! Thanks for the words of encouragement! I do love the fact, that it's pretty much easy for me to do these mods myself. They can be expensive, but heck...you only live once and I intend to enjoy the car the way I want to enjoy it.

Vince
Old 06-29-2010 | 10:04 AM
Optical TDI
Burning Brakes

Where did you get the blue trim tools?
Old 06-29-2010 | 10:43 AM
vinnysca
Instructor

Originally Posted by Optical TDI
Where did you get the blue trim tools?
I got them from Suncoast. They were fairly cheap.

Vince
Old 06-29-2010 | 10:49 AM
CBnAT
Pro

I like the look so far of both cars, keep it up. You won't find as much mod support here as on 6speed, but don't be discouraged, please continue to share.
Old 06-29-2010 | 10:49 AM
LlBr
Drifting

Originally Posted by vinnysca
Getting a set of these panel removal tools was a great idea! They worked great for prying off stuff with very minimal surface damage.
Hey Vince. "Very minimal surface damage?!!!"

I think you misspoke. Since with our Pcars "Excellence is Expected" there is to be absolutely ZERO surface damage.

Matter of fact, since "E is E" the correct tool should leave the part looking BETTER than before it was used.

Uh oh! I just noticed it "was" expected. That can't be good.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: It's MOD time!