Sponsored by:

Dension Gateway 500 Dip Switch settings, etc

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 10:13 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Dension Gateway 500 Dip Switch settings, etc

I've searched high and low, including Dension's site, but can't find info to help me with my Dension unit. I bought it from a fellow owner on these forums, and it was new. Despite having installed another GW500 on my previous P-car successfully, I'm having trouble getting this one to provide the full functionality with regard to searching by artist, album, etc on the iPod (the ipod works, but selection is awkward). I also can't bring up a "source" menu to switch between AUX and iPodGW.

I installed my unit in place of the CDC, which I removed.

My unit has only 4 dip switches, and all the instructions I've been able to find show 6, so I'm not sure if mine are set right. Does anyone know the settings for the 4 dip switches when configured like mine (in place of the CDC)? Right now I have them set the same as the first 4 switches shown in the 6-switch units.

Thanks.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:20 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Ken - email me...I have the details somewhere....

As for dip switch settings, if you have removed the cd changer, and you have PCM, your dip switches should be set for PCM, NO cd changer:
1 and 4 DOWN/OFF
2 and 3 UP/ON

The older single port units won't support a lot of the newer menu driven stuff, but email me if you need more info. On our LINKS page at www.BumperPlugs.com you will find the latest firmware, 2.22. Upload and install and see what happens. If it gets weird, we can send you the older versions too, but the menu stuff is going to be strange on the older units vs the newer ones.

Remember that CD 6 is the MENU commands for the Dension. I have the earlier original instructions for the old units too and can send it to you.

Again, email me with any questions and I'll do what I can for you.

eric@bumperplugs.com

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Last edited by Eric - Plug Guy; 06-28-2010 at 12:57 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:11 AM
schwartzwest
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So Ken- is the problem solved?
Old 06-28-2010, 01:20 AM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Going through the steps recommended by Eric helped enable some of the iPod menus. But it appears that my unit is an early model (only 4 dip switches rather than 6). So not all the iPod menus are working quite right. Since my prime use of the GW500 is to play my portable XM thru the AUX input, I plan to solve the iPod issue by getting an extender cord for the iPod and put it in the center console. That way I can control it directly rather than trying to use the somewhat awkward (to me) PCM interface to control it via iPodGW.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:01 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Emailed you (Ken) this morning...with 2.19 to test some things out. Let me know how that works too.

Quick Reply: Dension Gateway 500 Dip Switch settings, etc