Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Worst car buying experience to date! Colorado!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010 | 03:38 PM
plz
Advanced

Originally Posted by simrohor
ADias said: ...
...dealer-branded mats.
Thanks simrohor, missed that on my small monitor
Old 06-13-2010 | 04:00 PM
Gleek48
Rennlist Member

It looks like Stevinson is the dealer from the pictures. I shopped there too, but didn't like their attitude. They made me feel like it was a privilege to buy a car from them. Interestingly enough, I bought my wife's Lexus from an affiliated Lexus dealership and they were fantastic.
Old 06-13-2010 | 04:33 PM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Thanks to the OP. I appreciate hearing about both the good and bad. None of us in this community want to go through what you did, and we're thankful for the heads up.
Old 06-13-2010 | 05:27 PM
1BlinkGone
Instructor

I don't care what brand it is: if your experience smacks of YOUR servitude to them ("and you're lucky we do biz with you" attitude) That's completely bass-ackwards.

They are there to serve YOU. Without our $$, they fold. Period. I walk from places like this; and I don't care how much $$ I'm spending.

There's a way to project the exclusivity of a top-tier product without being condescending, rude, and self-serving.

Sadly, that art is being lost.
Old 06-13-2010 | 07:46 PM
TonyS
Intermediate

Default Best Quote

It's too bad to get service (or lack thereof) like this. Someone else on this forum said it best - "You get better service from the guy or gal in the red vest buying at 12 cent bolt, than from someone selling you a Porsche." I don't get it.
Old 06-13-2010 | 08:22 PM
socalsteve
Racer

Originally Posted by TonyS
It's too bad to get service (or lack thereof) like this. Someone else on this forum said it best - "You get better service from the guy or gal in the red vest buying at 12 cent bolt, than from someone selling you a Porsche." I don't get it.
I always wondered that myself as my P-Car buying experience was nothing short of atrocious and laughable. But, in the end, I found the car I wanted at a stealership about 100 miles from my home.

I did learn some valuable lessons through the experience. Do all your negotiating through email. Have lots of patience. Do not get emotionally attached to a particular car and watch your back at every step. Do not take anything for granted as they will prey on you if you are not smarter than them.

Anyway, to the OP, glad it all worked out in the end. Your bad memories will soon fade and then you will be left with an amazing car.

Many happy and healthy miles!

Steve
Old 06-13-2010 | 10:50 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

This not too surprising unfortunately.

I totally agree that Porsche doesn't hold their dealers to as high of a standard as their cars, and dealer experience varies greatly from one to another! At least you guys down south have many options to choose from (50 states), up here in Canada, we sometimes have to cross the border to get decent Porsche service!

Last edited by alexb76; 06-13-2010 at 11:12 PM.
Old 06-14-2010 | 04:00 AM
boolala
Race Car

Sounds to me like the empty gas tank was deliberate. Meaning they were giving you grief for having given them grief whether it was justified or not.
Old 06-14-2010 | 05:02 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

I wound up getting TWO tanks of fuel out of Porsche! First, they had it topped off in Germany for my Euro Delivery, and then they filled it again when I picked it up at the Santa Barbara Auto Group (I had left minimal fuel in it for its trip across the pond). Back in 1977 you had to pay for every ounce of fuel they put in it for you at Werk I!! (See)
Attached Images  
Old 06-14-2010 | 01:45 PM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Print this thread and attach a letter to Porsche NA detailing your experience. Include any emails with your dealer *cough* stealership and ask them is this acceptable for someone plunking down $100k.
Old 06-14-2010 | 02:02 PM
Graygoose997
.org
Rennlist Member

Too bad Porsche doesn't do the type of followup on sales experiences like they do on service experiences.

A few questions along the line of "On a scale of 1-10 can you rate the attitude of the salesmen you encountered" would go a long way.
Old 06-14-2010 | 02:18 PM
TigerStadt
Advanced

As with any business it ALL comes down to 3 things:

1) Management - customer focused
2) Training - customer focused
3) Authority to fix a problem (they will happen) - customer focused

Westin Hotels is one of the best at "Taking Care of the Customer"

Sorry for your experience. I have also had my share of good and bad. It comes down to the organizations culture as developed from the ownership down to the porters and admin's. If the culture is customer centric, then this breeds success. As an earlier poster indicated, the world is a very small place when experiences are shared over the internet forums.
Old 06-14-2010 | 02:55 PM
CBnAT
Pro

My buying experience couldn't have been more opposite of yours. My SA went out of his way to make a deal happen for me. Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience.
Old 06-14-2010 | 03:00 PM
MJPereira
Instructor

In the NJ area I found 3 of 5 dealers I visited to be exceptional where the other 2 left a lot to be desired to say the least.

Ray Catena Porsche, Town Motors Porsche & Jack Daniels Porsche were all terrific.

Princeton Porsche and Flemington Porsche were rude, inconsiderate and never took me seriously as a buyer.
Old 06-14-2010 | 03:21 PM
Frino
Pro

Hit the dealer where it hurts...bury them on the customer satisfaction survey(s).

Quick Reply: Worst car buying experience to date! Colorado!