Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a good clear bra installer in the Boston area.

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 09:22 AM
thealexman
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a good clear bra installer in the Boston area.

Hey Guys,

I'm looking to get the bra on my car reworked (going to a full hood and have the rear bumper protected). Any of you have experience with a first rate shop around Boston? Any recommendations and stories of experience would be much appreciated. Thanks guys!

-Alex
Old 06-11-2010, 11:27 AM
BostonDuce
Racer

Alex;
If this guy can't help you directly, he can point you to someone who can.

He is the most professional guy that ever touched a "kah".

Unique Auto
Rickrack79@hotmail.com

BD
Old 06-11-2010, 11:46 AM
vinnysca
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alex,

I went to Protection Plus, LLC in Shrewsbury, MA. It's well worth the trip! Dave, who is the clear bra installer was one of the first installers trained when 3M clear bra came into market. I read up on clear bra installers recommendations from different car owners when I was first shopping around for installers. Nicest guy and very reasonable! Very professional and since I only had my front bumper redone by him, he even re-did my driver's side mirror for free, after noticing it was all messed up from the previous installer (I didn't even notice it was F'd up to begin with).

His number is: (508) 845-5038

Vince.

PS. I am not a paid spokesperson for this company. LOL
Old 02-09-2011, 12:32 AM
levtron
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alex, Did you ever get the work done? Who did you use. I just repainted my entire 993, and want to get the full hood/mirrors/bumper and maybe even rear bumper.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:02 AM
Boatsonthebrain
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Like BostonDuce I would highly recommend talking with Rick Nelson at Unique Car Care in Wakefield http://www.facebook.com/pages/Unique...7135170?v=info

Rick is a really nice guy and does amazing work. I will be having him redo my clear bra this spring

Originally Posted by levtron
Alex, Did you ever get the work done? Who did you use. I just repainted my entire 993, and want to get the full hood/mirrors/bumper and maybe even rear bumper.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

What are some approximate prices being quoted?

I didn't know that Rick does clear bra installs, I thought he did detailing only.

I'm going to have this done on my Spyder as soon as I get it and I want it done right but I also want it done reasonably. Seems some prices are through the roof while others seem low.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:42 PM
Boatsonthebrain
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue

I didn't know that Rick does clear bra installs, I thought he did detailing only.

I'm going to have this done on my Spyder as soon as I get it and I want it done right but I also want it done reasonably. Seems some prices are through the roof while others seem low.
My understanding is that Rick has a guy that does it for him but knowing Rick's standards it must be really, really professional work.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:56 PM
Rickrack
Intermediate

Just came across this...

Thanks for the positive comments everyone!
Old 03-10-2011, 09:55 AM
BostonDuce
Racer

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
Around $600 for the standard Venture Shield kit.

Once you stray from the pre-cut standard kit, the price can go to $1000+ depending on what you want.

BD
Old 03-10-2011, 11:18 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

i also heard good words about Protection Plus, LLC in Shrewsbury, MA but never tried it and never had my close friends to try it, so, it is only a word of mouth. do not hate us if they suck.

if you get that done - they also have (i think) a special new thermo reflecting film they can put on windows - it is not a tint by default but it makes car much cooler inside. Or was it you who actually did it? Gosh, I got all people mixed up in my head.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:42 PM
levtron
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any thoughts on Wheel Dynamix in Natick? And does the price of a clear bra install include them preping the car before hand, or how it shows up is how it goes?
Old 04-06-2011, 12:35 PM
cay-man
5th Gear

Honestly, if you want the best in the area, I'd go to Rick Nelson of Unique Car Care in Wakefield, MA.

I had my '06 Cayman S done there in February (two-stage paint correction, clay bar, and clear bra) and this place is absolutely top notch. Rick also took the time to take and post a ton of high-res photos of the work he did on my car. Nice guy, and fantastic at what he does. He's basically an artist, to be honest.

Here's some links...

See this link for the full photo shoot:
http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/...tion-clear.htm

The shop doesn't have a website yet, but their Facebook page is here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Unique...g/449667135170

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with this shop in any way. Just had an amazing experience there that I think is well worth sharing with others.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:38 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

After talking with Rick and exchanging several emails he will be performing the install on my Spyder. It will be a partial custom install to include full hood, full fenders, front bumper, door sills, behind the tires, mirrors and lights.

I will post back with my experience when done.

Quick Reply: Looking for a good clear bra installer in the Boston area.