Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 and 2006 Carrera S Price Point

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 10:39 PM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Arizona cars are better than coastal cars in California.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:53 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

carfax is a joke, best get the vin # and check with a Porsche dealership. Also, sometimes body work goes on unreported. Buyer beware...
Old 06-03-2010, 05:05 PM
bagombo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm from Vancouver and just grabbed a 2006 C2S with 2 year CPO for $50,000.

Options: Sports Chrono, PSE, Bose, a couple other minor things.

Bought the car in Illinois so may have some rust issues - but likely long after I sell it.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:54 PM
MLindgren
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cvazquez
carfax is a joke, best get the vin # and check with a Porsche dealership. Also, sometimes body work goes on unreported. Buyer beware...
Carfax is a great pre-screening tool that can/does pull up many problems. In addition they seem to be accurate regarding ownership history. Certainly nobody in their right mind would trust anything but a PPI from a reputable mechanic but I'll spend $25-30 in a heartbeat to see if it's even worth going the extra few hundred.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:16 PM
jyoteen
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

You an get what is called a one way trip ticket or 'registration' that allows you to basically hop in the car at the dealer and drive out of state.

------
Vehicles Operated on One-Trip Permit

4003. A permit, as described in Section 9258, may be issued by the department for operating any of the following vehicles, except a crane:
(a) A vehicle while being moved or operated unladen for one continuous trip from a place within this state to another place either within or without this state or from a place without this state to a place within this state.

(b) A vehicle while being moved or operated for one round trip to be completed within 60 days from one place to another for the purpose of participating as a vehicular float or display in a lawful parade or exhibition, provided that the total round trip does not exceed 100 miles.

The department may issue a quantity of permits under this subsection in booklet form upon payment of the proper fee for each permit contained in said booklet. Each permit shall be valid for only one vehicle and for only one continuous trip. Such permit shall be posted upon the windshield or other prominent place upon a vehicle and shall identify the vehicle to which it is affixed. When so affixed, such permit shall serve in lieu of California registration.

Amended Ch. 326, Stats. 1977. Effective January 1, 1978.

------

Also, refer to this post which may be of help:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/18...moving-permit/
Old 06-03-2010, 10:39 PM
atr911
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Few tips from someone who just bought.

1. find a CPO car. It's worth the extra money. You'll need to buy from someone with CPO or buy from an authorized dealer.

2. Get the DRTL (Daytime running lights) activated by a US dealer and ask them to print you a copy of the recall information for that particular vin. This could save you the Porsche 'Import Inspection" fee of almost $1200. They charge this to look the car over, print the letter and 'verify it for warranty'.

3. Another advantage of buying from a reputable dealer is that you don't have to fuss too much over condition. Most Pcar dealers have too much at risk to misrepresent a car and usually only hang onto the cars that are nice. Anything sub par or in undesirable color/option configurations is sent to auction.

4. Get a PPI no matter where you find the car or what the seller tells you. Buying sight unseen can be nerve racking but should pay off if you have patience.

Enjoy the process and good luck with your purchase. Also, don't down play the value of a CDN car. You might pay more but it's value will remain higher over the years. It isn't fair but it's the way it goes.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:13 PM
Skeptikal12
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bagombo
I'm from Vancouver and just grabbed a 2006 C2S with 2 year CPO for $50,000.

Options: Sports Chrono, PSE, Bose, a couple other minor things.

Bought the car in Illinois so may have some rust issues - but likely long after I sell it.
Would you be able to PM me or email me some more info on where you got your deal?

I am looking at getting into a CPO 06S for roughly that price.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: 2005 and 2006 Carrera S Price Point