Sponsored by:

Ordering new 997, advice sought

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 01:53 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 147 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by stevepow
Not even an option that I know of for US cars - almost all US cars including 911s have sunroofs (except for low-cost cars or mechanically not viable) - there'd be no DEs here if that were a problem. Maybe for professional use, no go, but for track/street "regular guys" it's OK.
+1. There used to be a sunroof delete option, but I was told "no go" on sunroof delete when I tried to order it for my 2009.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:24 PM
CDH911C2S
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would say...either wait until 998 model if you want new..it is just around the corner..or buy 1-2 year used....incredible buys on low mileage cars...new 2011 911 does not make much sense...unless you are going for a GT3...my 2 cents
Old 05-29-2010, 02:48 AM
w00tPORSCHE
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 62 Posts

Adias a very reputable member in this forum had once mentioned that the center radiator will be std in 2011 production. The 997.2 does not need a center radiator under normal conditions. Under some stress conditions and very hot climates it may benefit from having one. People who regularly track their 997.2 PDK cars and have not experienced overheating but in countries like UAE (Abu Dhabi) it must get quite hot and they may benefit from this change.

As for your options, if you plan to keep your car for a long time, I certainly would go for the natural leather (wears very well over time), adaptive sport seats (love the snug fit although it could get uncomfortable if one is on the heavier side). PDK is heavenly. Sports chrono is probably the number one option to have on a 997.2 with PDK. It adds a sports/sports plus button which remaps the engine to give such an aggressive response and let's you have that much more fun shifting gears in the manual mode. It holds lower gears as long as possible only changing up when the revs hit 7200 rpm. There is no way I would want a PDK equipped car without a SC. I would aso go with sport PASM ..Check out this

http://www.excellence-mag.com/issues...ard-way?page=1

Quick Reply: Ordering new 997, advice sought