Sponsored by:

Question for cabrio owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 06:41 PM
JmanCLS55
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PVP997
Are you kidding me? top down in Southern California. Life does not get any better
+1. I love mine.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:06 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by todd.
Strange, saw the movie It's Complicated last night & Alec Baldwin drove a 997 CAB, but always had the top up in every scene the car appeared in. It kept bugging the hell out of me, especially since the movie was filmed in Santa Barbara, what a waste.
Alex didn't want to mess up his hair.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:47 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

open top motoring has been around a long time.
All the races back in the day were open top race cars.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:53 PM
pbarch1
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

One of the most entertaining driving experiences in my Porsche has to be driving thought a mountainous area near my home with the top down, wind racing through listening to the wonderful note of the engine and exhaust. You just can't get that experience with a coupe. Besides the chic's dig it!!!
Old 05-28-2010, 02:13 PM
DrVolkl
Intermediate

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
i got sick of people asking me if it was a boxter and sold it for a coupe.
Do people now ask you if it's a Cayman?
Old 05-28-2010, 06:03 PM
JoeShark
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

To answer the OP's question, no.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:30 PM
akim47
Racer

Sometimes I have Cab envy, especially in SoCal on a nice day...

I hate guys that think every convertible made is for a girl... sure I see a fair amount of women in convertible bugs, Z4's and BMW 3's around here... but the 911 Cab is something else. There are plenty of other examples... is the Shelby Cobra a girl's car? how bout a '63 Continental convertible? Ignore the dumba$$es who don't know any better and be happy with your car...

Personally, I've always prefered coupes... i got enough sun playing golf this winter over here (true!)...
Old 05-28-2010, 08:29 PM
_Nathan
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is what convertibles are really for:

Old 05-28-2010, 08:52 PM
SevenCostanza
Advanced

I purchased my 997S cab just a few months ago, and I love every aspect of the car, BUT my favorite part bar none is that the roof comes off. The wind in what's left of my hair, the sound of that 6 behind your head, the exhaust zinging off trees and canyons, and the smells of the great outdoors.....$h!# I'm going for a drive!
Old 05-28-2010, 08:58 PM
Deansdream
Three Wheelin'

Received 462 Likes on 208 Posts

Had a Boxster, which I loved during the few months you could drive w/the top down in NJ. When I traded it in for a 911, I got a coupe - better track car
Old 05-29-2010, 01:04 AM
RF5BPilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by fnckr
Do you cab guys wear any hearing protection during highway jaunts? Seriously, that's my biggest annoyance/concern. With any car, I travel windows up on the highway. I spend more time on highways than surface roads.
My son is in a band. To attend his performances, I bought a set of musician's "ear valves" -- custom fit ear plugs that let specified amounts of sound through without distorting it. I've kept them in the car & love them. I have both 15 & 25 decibel filters for them. They fit in your ear; relatively flesh colored so they're not particularly obvious.

They make driving in traffic enjoyable. I can hear everything -- even someone talking to me in the car. But they cut out the loud traffic next to the car. I don't care for driving with the windows up or with the wind block. So, the ear filters really help...even with wind gusts that can hurt your hearing over time.

Highly recommended. They're available through almost any audiologist.

(I really do like these things. I even take them to some movie theatres that are notorious for turning the sound up too loud. They can have my money -- but not my hearing.)
Old 05-29-2010, 02:28 AM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RF5BPilot
My son is in a band. To attend his performances, I bought a set of musician's "ear valves" -- custom fit ear plugs that let specified amounts of sound through without distorting it. I've kept them in the car & love them. I have both 15 & 25 decibel filters for them. They fit in your ear; relatively flesh colored so they're not particularly obvious.

They make driving in traffic enjoyable. I can hear everything -- even someone talking to me in the car. But they cut out the loud traffic next to the car. I don't care for driving with the windows up or with the wind block. So, the ear filters really help...even with wind gusts that can hurt your hearing over time.

Highly recommended. They're available through almost any audiologist.

(I really do like these things. I even take them to some movie theatres that are notorious for turning the sound up too loud. They can have my money -- but not my hearing.)

Do they offer a wife or GF filter mode as well?
Old 05-29-2010, 02:20 PM
RJC/SLC
AutoX

This is my first cabriolet and I could not be happier! When the top is down, there is nothing like it. Oh, and my wife has nicknamed it "The Chick Magnet".
Old 05-29-2010, 05:43 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by yemenmocha
Do they offer a wife or GF filter mode as well?
ROFL
Old 05-29-2010, 08:25 PM
JSeven
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A Cab is like having two cars in one, don´t hesitate, it will provide you a wonderful ownership experience. Ever since I bought my first Cab back in 1998 which was a Boxster, I said to myself that I would always have a Cab in my garage. My 911 Cab is pure emotions on four wheels.

Quick Reply: Question for cabrio owners