Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autotrader shows 44 Boxster Spyder’s for sale.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010 | 01:50 AM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

I'm a big fan of the Boxster Spyder. Doesn't make much sense in VA since we get random rain showers, but I'd defintely pick one up if I lived in SoCal again.

The combo that really gets me going is basalt black with the red interior (I'd spec black carpets).
Old 05-26-2010 | 02:13 AM
todd.
Burning Brakes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrlzIuwpg3A
Old 04-26-2012 | 09:28 PM
mpilot
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bruce R
Pretty sure this is my next car, what’s not to like about it, assuming you:

• Like Porsche’s
• Like fresh air
• Only need two seats
• Appreciate and revel in the simplicity and basic goodness of its design.

Anyway it turns out there are 44 of these things for sale on Autotrader. Admittadely not all are used but I’m guessing like most things today once the novelty wears off these things will be $40k in three years time – woohoo!
Truth be told the new generation Boxster S, when-ever that arrives will/should match the Boxster Spyder’s performance if not it’s Carrera GT’esque profile.

Posted here 'cos there is little traffic on 987 section.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...pe=mileageDESC
Well, it's 2 years later and for some reason I kinda doubt they will be 40 grand next year.
Old 04-26-2012 | 10:34 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Good call... Though it's interesting the new Boxster adopted a couple of design cues from the Spyder.
Old 04-26-2012 | 10:34 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mpilot
Well, it's 2 years later and for some reason I kinda doubt they will be 40 grand next year.
You may be right, probably will be, but the 981 has yet to hit the market.
By all accounts the 981 advances the already brillant Boxster formula unlike the 991 which while faster has lost some of it's 911'ness.
Old 04-26-2012 | 10:36 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

I still don't see the Cayman R or Boxster Spyder going much lower than $50K... not enough of them out there, and different enough to be special.
Old 04-27-2012 | 10:36 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

I count 18 for sale right now in Autotrader, out of those 18 only 2 have the Sport Buckets and the rest have Sport Seats. Asking prices range from $62K up to $82K, the high end might be a bit optimistic!

As far as the 981 taking away from Spyder sales, I wouldn't expect it until much later in the product cycle when Porsche introduces a new lightweight version. The 981 is heavier than the Spyder and with the additional electronics I'm not sure it would appeal to the Spyder buyer. But then again I haven't driven the 981 yet and I will admit that if it offers the same driver/car interaction it might encourage current Spyder owners to sell. Have to wait and see I guess.
Old 04-27-2012 | 03:13 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bruce R
Pretty sure this is my next car, what’s not to like about it, assuming you:

• Like Porsche’s
• Like fresh air
• Only need two seats
• Appreciate and revel in the simplicity and basic goodness of its design.

Anyway it turns out there are 44 of these things for sale on Autotrader. Admittadely not all are used but I’m guessing like most things today once the novelty wears off these things will be $40k in three years time – woohoo!
Truth be told the new generation Boxster S, when-ever that arrives will/should match the Boxster Spyder’s performance if not it’s Carrera GT’esque profile.

Posted here 'cos there is little traffic on 987 section.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...pe=mileageDESC
I test drove one at Nurburgring 2 years ago... it's a FANTASTIC car, and probably is the best handling Porshce you can buy. I really liked it, and would buy one as a 2nd car.

Here are some things that I did not like that much:

- It just didn't have enough Torque/Power for my liking, but that was compared to Carrera S (vs. your Carrera)
- The seat is hard to get in/out for daily
- The roof might be an issue if you're tall, and just doesn't look right to me
- Exhaust tone was muted, not sure why?

Otherwise, it's great.

Quick Reply: Autotrader shows 44 Boxster Spyder’s for sale.