Sponsored by:

Monticello DE/Time Trial with my TT

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010 | 06:37 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 996toomey
Nice job Coochie!

Are you going to be satisfied driving the Spec Boxster after feeling the raw HP of the Turbo?

I might be able to find you a 2011 RS allocation or maybe a used GT2 if you need a track car with more ponies.
I'm at an event now at NHMS with the Spec Boxster. I'm loving it! It's a great raw driving experience and I pass a ton of people in it!
Old 05-08-2010 | 06:40 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RonCT
Dave,

Reading your experience for some reason had me thinking about just how much shifting there is going on at that track. 150+ on the long straight down to 4 to 3 to 2 for that hair-pin zig/zag. What a pain! What is cool about that transition is just how late you can brake because of the uphill. Threshold braking with heel and toe as you climb and transition right - it is something.

We going to see you at LRP June 3 or maybe Monticello again early August with CVR?
Agreed, I would trail brake significantly scrubbing off just enough speed to go into the esses.

You WILL see me at LRP on 6/3. I'm going to NHMS that Monday and Tuesday and then LRP Wed and Thursday! You'll see the Spec Box for the first time then. It's really cool!

Quick Reply: Monticello DE/Time Trial with my TT