Navi system does not allow to enter streets - help

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 01:38 PM
jacekm
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navi system does not allow to enter streets - help

Hello,

my navigation system in the new Carrera S (997), pcm version 3 (so no 3 buttons to reset the system), stopped allowing me to input the street of the destination. I can pick country and a city but the Street "function is currently not available". It worked a few days ago. I am now on the trip throughout Germany and would appreciate if anyone knows what happened !
I can pick POI, other predefined things. Everything works except the possibility to chose Street ....
I do not know how to reset the navi system (I'm afraid to switch off the batery to reset all systems...don't know what might happen to the car).

thanks in advance for help ! rgds, jacekm
Old 04-29-2010, 01:56 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by jacekm
Hello,

my navigation system in the new Carrera S (997), pcm version 3 (so no 3 buttons to reset the system), stopped allowing me to input the street of the destination. I can pick country and a city but the Street "function is currently not available". It worked a few days ago. I am now on the trip throughout Germany and would appreciate if anyone knows what happened !
I can pick POI, other predefined things. Everything works except the possibility to chose Street ....
I do not know how to reset the navi system (I'm afraid to switch off the batery to reset all systems...don't know what might happen to the car).

thanks in advance for help ! rgds, jacekm
When I picked up my 2009 at the factory, they gave me a portable GPS for use in Europe because the hard drive based Nav system was programmed only for North America. So the new 2010 Nav works (worked) in Europe? I would have said that your Nav wouldn't work over there but apparently it did for a time. Or do you have a Euro spec car?

Anyway, as to your problem. There is a way to reset to factory settings. This is designed to reset any personal settings you've made, not reboot the Nav, but it might work. Press the INFO button. Press the OPTION button. Select SET PCM SYSTEM and RESET. Choose FACTORY SETTINGS which keeps any addresses or phone numbers you've entered or VEHICLE HANDOVER which deletes everything. (All of this is in the PCM manual on page 20) Failing that, don't know what to suggest although disconnecting the battery should be a relatively low risk option. Good luck!
Old 04-29-2010, 06:28 PM
jacekm
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Anyway, as to your problem. There is a way to reset to factory settings. This is designed to reset any personal settings you've made, not reboot the Nav, but it might work. Press the INFO button. Press the OPTION button. Select SET PCM SYSTEM and RESET. Choose FACTORY SETTINGS which keeps any addresses or phone numbers you've entered or VEHICLE HANDOVER which deletes everything. (All of this is in the PCM manual on page 20) Failing that, don't know what to suggest although disconnecting the battery should be a relatively low risk option. Good luck!
Mike, thank you so much ! It worked - but I had to chose the Vehicle Handover option. I haven't got the manual with me so i could not check it. The funny thing is that i called oficial Porsche Centre and they didn't know either ! how to reset the PCM...
I have european version of the car, as I'm from Europe/Poland :-). Thanks again, I'm off tomorrow to Nurburgring race track for the 50th Anniversary of the Porsche Club Nurburging. thanks, jacekm (president porsche club poland :-))
Old 04-29-2010, 06:36 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by jacekm
Mike, thank you so much ! It worked - but I had to chose the Vehicle Handover option. I haven't got the manual with me so i could not check it. The funny thing is that i called oficial Porsche Centre and they didn't know either ! how to reset the PCM...
I have european version of the car, as I'm from Europe/Poland :-). Thanks again, I'm off tomorrow to Nurburgring race track for the 50th Anniversary of the Porsche Club Nurburging. thanks, jacekm (president porsche club poland :-))
My pleasure! I've been fortunate enough to do a few laps at the Nurburgring. I envy you the chance to go there. Have a great trip!!

Quick Reply: Navi system does not allow to enter streets - help