Sponsored by:

Full leather in Black worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 09:16 PM
casaforte9
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

On Black full leather, what would look better

Rear center console : Aluminium or Leather?

Thx
Old 04-27-2010, 09:28 PM
REBor8
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your choice. That's the beauty of the p-car option list. Mine is leather. I ordered mine with loads of leather and lots of stichin'!
Old 04-27-2010, 09:44 PM
mambodoc
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have an 09' C4S in Meteor Grey with black full leather and Sports Buckets...the ONLY! way to go! The standard stitching is beautifully understated... the seams and stitching look very rich but not gaudy...the whole deal with the buckets too, looks awesome when viewed from outside through the factory tinted glass. I maintain it dust free with one of those hand held swiffer?...I think its called.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:08 PM
jimjoe997
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Completely agree with mambodoc. I think we have the same car. I also added the leather PDK surround. Looks great.
Attached Images  
Old 04-28-2010, 12:19 AM
mambodoc
Pro

Wayyyyyy Cool!! Yup...thats our car! The piping on the door can't be seen but a beautiful pic just the same. How much did the PDK surround cost, and how difficult was it for them to install? I was toying with the leather stitched console cover but sorta like the lines as is. Hey,...how do you like your seats. Whats your build date. PM ok. I'll get these seats in any future Porsche...I'm sold! I got the car because nobody else was...[ on the seats that is ]...how silly.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:22 AM
mambodoc
Pro

Saw your Avatar...I had the dealer mount 5mm spacers and Gen 1 turbo wheels. Will try to get you pix.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:32 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 238 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by casaforte9
On Black full leather, what would look better

Rear center console : Aluminium or Leather?

Thx
The aluminum color (painted on) will take a hit over time. Scratches, etc. The leather will hold up better.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:50 AM
Putt-Putt
Pro

Received 251 Likes on 121 Posts

FWIW, when looking for a used 997 all that didn't have full leather black were immediately scratched off the list and had no chance of being considered.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Alfaguy2
Racer

Not having the luxury of being able to order a new 997 I had to search for a good used one with all the goodies. Not easy in Ireland where 911's are quite rare to see on a daily basis.

I like the all black leather on mine but I think the silver painted console lightens up the interior a lot. I have seen all black interiors and to me they look a bit oppressive. You need some contrast in the cabin and the silver center console really highlights the leather too.

I agree though that care is needed not to scratch it which can happen if you are not careful with your keys.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:24 PM
casaforte9
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks guys for your input, I am sold on the full leather with the black exterior car, Just need to decide between between carrara red natural leather with deviated carpets in black or just full black leather

I remember seeing a red natural interior car a year ago and it developed a shiny look that did not exists on a brand new red leather, any input on these colors?
Old 05-02-2010, 11:06 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

The red leather with black carpet would be very nice looking.

I really like the Carrera Red leather color. It is a deeper, richer color (more cranberry) than most pics show. Most of the pics are over exposed and make it look bright red, which really does the color a disservice.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Da Hapa
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks guys for your input, I am sold on the full leather with the black exterior car, Just need to decide between between carrara red natural leather with deviated carpets in black or just full black leather

I remember seeing a red natural interior car a year ago and it developed a shiny look that did not exists on a brand new red leather, any input on these colors?
I have the Carrera Red full leather interior with deviating carpets on my GT Silver car. 2 years and about 11,500 miles (keeping in mind the car is garaged at home and at work) the leather is a supple, gorgeous and odoriferous (is that even a word) as it was when it was new. I'm pretty diligent about cleaning and conditioning the leather but I'd do the same with any leather interior.

As to the shiny look you've seen on other cars, my guess is that they're not caring for the leather by using incorrect products and/or not using anything at all. You'd be surprised how many high quality "detailers" will put products made for vinyl on leather.

and gota911 is correct. I have a cheap digital camera and I've never been able to take a good picture of my interior. It always comes out more pink than it is. I found a local owner with a carrera red interior to see it person when I was deciding between that color and the also beautiful cocoa.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Carrera Red w/black carpet and black stitching is incredible. DO IT.

Quick Reply: Full leather in Black worth it?