Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody have pic of a black instrument cluster w white sport chrono dial?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 09:48 AM
schwartzwest
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anybody have pic of a black instrument cluster w white sport chrono dial?

My C2S has white gauge faces (in mph, deg F). I got a great deal on a metric instrument cluster in black which I am seriously considering installing, however I'm not sure how it would look with the SC in white. So, I suppose my options are look for a SC dial in black, likely the cheaper option, or another metric instrument cluster in white and sell the one I have. I don't really have a strong preference for either colour (my M5's dials are black and I like them just fine)

Yes, I know the digital readout can be switched to metric- and has been.

So, does anyone have interior pics of a black instrument cluster with white SC? Or, does anyone have a black SC for sale? Thanks.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:10 AM
winkingchef
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Ew metric....
Old 04-23-2010, 12:06 PM
schwartzwest
Instructor

Originally Posted by winkingchef
Ew metric....
Don't want to burst your bubble, but you guys are in a select group of three who have NOT adopted the metric system, along with other advanced powerhouses Burma and Liberia.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:13 PM
johnwb
Racer

Our Canadian friend has a point.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:08 PM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I drink my Whisky in metric.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:46 PM
winkingchef
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by schwartzwest
Don't want to burst your bubble, but you guys are in a select group of three who have NOT adopted the metric system, along with other advanced powerhouses Burma and Liberia.
Why then does Top Gear use MPH?
People of superior intellect use non-intuitive coordinate systems.

Plus, when we annex you, we'll fix that (after we fix the road signs in Montreal...ugh).
Old 04-23-2010, 07:23 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Sport Chrono timer (ie The Wart) is always black, even if the gauges are stock white. My gauges are black (free option) and everything matches.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:42 PM
jrotsaert
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Sport Chrono timer (ie The Wart) is always black, even if the gauges are stock white. My gauges are black (free option) and everything matches.
Not quite. you can, for the "modest" sum of about 500 bucks, get the wart in whatever color you want... i've seen some red and some yellow but the catalogs show you can have anything you want
Old 04-23-2010, 11:00 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by jrotsaert
Not quite. you can, for the "modest" sum of about 500 bucks, get the wart in whatever color you want... i've seen some red and some yellow but the catalogs show you can have anything you want
Yep I had stock on my brain
Old 04-23-2010, 11:45 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Huh? My last 3 997's had white gauges and a white SC timer. I'm not sure I've even seen a black SC timer on any car.

Joel: I like black gauges. I'd be tempted to put them on your car regardless of the white SC face. Stick a black pocket watch on it. The watch would be more useful, at least in daylight.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:39 AM
schwartzwest
Instructor

Originally Posted by winkingchef
Why then does Top Gear use MPH?
People of superior intellect use non-intuitive coordinate systems.

Plus, when we annex you, we'll fix that (after we fix the road signs in Montreal...ugh).
It is a British show, and the Brits and Irish, while having officially adopted the metric system have negotiated (with the EU) a delay in changing over to metric for traffic purposes only, although that change has largely happened in Ireland and is beginning to happen in England.

Don't worry about the road signs in Montreal- fix the roads!

Originally Posted by keninirvine
Huh? My last 3 997's had white gauges and a white SC timer. I'm not sure I've even seen a black SC timer on any car.

Joel: I like black gauges. I'd be tempted to put them on your car regardless of the white SC face. Stick a black pocket watch on it. The watch would be more useful, at least in daylight.
Ken- I'm very very tempted to swap out the instrument cluster to black gauge faces (although a little worried given your troubles you noted in another thread with your PCM). I was a little concerned about the color mis-match so was hoping someone had pics.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:24 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by keninirvine

My last 2 Carrera S cars 2006&07 had white gauges with black Chrono. I hated that so I did black gauges in my 09 to match the black chrono.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:13 PM
schwartzwest
Instructor

My last 2 Carrera S cars 2006&07 had white gauges with black Chrono. I hated that so I did black gauges in my 09 to match the black chrono.
Did you not like the difference in colors or did not like the white gauges?

(Like the new avatar BTW...)

Quick Reply: Anybody have pic of a black instrument cluster w white sport chrono dial?