Building my 2011 911S PDK, need some suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 02:34 PM
casaforte9
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Building my 2011 911S PDK, need some suggestions

1) Exterior Debating between Meteor Gray , white and Black- Need some suggestions here from a look and durability perspective ( 5 plus years), I always use the better car washes touch less but still they do leave swirl marks which I think can be removed with a good detail
2) Interior : Black Adaptive sport seats with Rear center console Aluminium or rear console painted black
Options
1) Sport Chrono plus ,Nav, BT, Ipod adaptor, Standard audio ( not thrilled with Bose), Heated seats, self diming lights, Parking sensors ( I find them useful in tight spots ), Steering wheel paddles, model name on center leather storage bin
2) Thinking about PSE not sure yet , I think it is less louder than stock when off and louder than stock when on, some said it burbles nicely on the overrun also, I am not sure i understood what he meant, ?
3) and also just the sport chrono in Guards red, would it go with the interior?

Last edited by casaforte9; 04-20-2010 at 03:22 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:58 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by casaforte9

1) Exterior Debating between Meteor Gray and Black- Need some suggestions here from a look and durability perspective ( 5 plus years), I always use the better car washes touch less but still they do leave swirl marks which I think can be removed with a good detail
I'd go for Meteor or Atlas Gray instead of pure Black. Atlas being the darker grey (in some shades looks like black). Much easier to maintain, more unique, and generally more luxurious looking. If you REALLY want Black, go with Basalt Black at least.

2) Interior : Black Adaptive sport seats with Rear center console Aluminium or rear console painted black
If you're going Black, they maybe Black. I wouldn't do Alumnium with Black exterior. The centre console painted in exterior color looks good in Cab, in a coupe, to me, doesn't make much of a difference. I rather upgrade steering wheel, hand brake, or gear shift (aluminium, alcantara, etc...), all items you touch everyday!

1) Sport Chrono plus ,Nav, BT, Ipod adaptor, Standard audio ( not thrilled with Bose), Heated seats, self diming lights, Parking sensors ( I find them useful in tight spots ), Steering wheel paddles, model name on center leather storage bin
Definitely get Sports Chrono plus with PDK. Nav, BT, Ipod are not retrofitable later, so definitely. Bose is not that great, so save there. Paddles are my fave, but it's personal. All others options you mentioned are personal.

2) Thinking about PSE not sure yet , I think it is less louder than stock when off and louder than stock when on, some said it burbles nicely on the overrun also, I am not sure i understood what he meant, ?
If you think you will want it later, go for it, not sure if you can try it out to see if you like the sound that much more. Basically, if you were ever an exhaust guy, you need to do this!

3) and also just the sport chrono in Guards red, would it go with the interior?
I'd say no. Unless, you did some other parts in red, like Seatbelts, stiching in red, and maybe centre console in red?

Last edited by alexb76; 04-20-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:37 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 397 Likes on 271 Posts

The options look right and are a matter of need/like. Color combo: see pic below.

I would say no to red dials, SC or otherwise, and actually vote for black dials (free) - a traditional, classic look.

Note: BT and iPod adaptor are std features on MY11 orders.

Last edited by ADias; 04-20-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:39 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

often overlooked but very nice option is ventilated seat and heated steering wheel. last one is a must for winter driving, first one is must for black seats in summer.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:01 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 46 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a carrera white with Sport chrono, Ventilated seats, heated seats. Heated steering wheel is
great in my BMW X5 4.8is . The ventilated seats are GREAT in the summer. I would skip the PSE and go sharkwerks center byass.
I have had black and dark colors are difficult. White is MUCH easier to maintain. the darkest I would go
is GT silver.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:41 PM
topspd
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm partial to white, but meteor grey looks classy. I'd stay away from black as it looks dirty as soon as you drive it out of the showroom. Black always looks great after it's washed, especially at twilight, but unless you've got the time to devote to keeping it clean, it's not worth it.

For the interior, how about switching from adaptive to regular sport seats and use the money saved to add a full leather interior. I rarely look at the sport chrono gauge so if you want to change gauge colour, I'd do the regular faces (I had yellow w/yellow in my last 997 and it was striking). I'd be more inclined to change the seatbelts to red though. As for the rear console, the aluminum ties in with the other aluminum accents in the car, but painted black would barely be noticeable with a black interior. If you're going to do something with the console lid, I'd say do the crest for symmetry rather than the model name which is only read in one direction.

How about limited slip diff?
Old 04-20-2010, 04:42 PM
surfer
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

My C2S is meteor grey with aluminum look center console and door panels. I can go 4 weeks without washing the car and it still looks clean. The brake dust on the Classic rims are really the most telling sign my car needs a wash LOL. I like the look of the center console and door panel, nice contrast for the all black interior IMO. The adaptive sports seats are my favorite option by far. I also good the model insignia on the door sills but not necessary IMO.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:54 PM
FI Flyer
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Black dials instead of white.
Heated steering wheel. (I don't believe that sport seats can be ventilated.)
Paddle shifters.
Dynamic cornering lights.
Sport Chrono Plus
Self-dimming mirrors.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:02 PM
casaforte9
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

With paddle shifters you cannot get a heated steering wheel, I heard dynamic lights not that useful

vebtilated seats only with reg seats but I love adaptives, had them in my previous cayman S and they were awesome
Old 04-20-2010, 05:09 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 46 Likes on 9 Posts

Dyanamic corner lights are very useful. Especially going around low speed intense corners
Old 04-20-2010, 05:20 PM
chance
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 31 Posts

Meteor is a forgiving color, as stated above wears dirt well.

must have's in my opinion:
• Sport Chrono plus
• Black dials (wish i had em!)
• PSE
• Floor mats in interior color

red chrono gauge: NO!
Old 04-20-2010, 05:56 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

if i ordered an S, i would opt for the black gauges instead of the standard silver... love the black..

reason i did not buy an S was the trim has that "chromey" look and at the time they wouldnt let you option the "volcano grey" trim the non S has... i would ask them if that can be done now too if the chromey trim bothers you (felt too bling to me)

as far as car color, i love my carrera white and get compliments all the time.. love the white so much i decided i will never stray from white ever again in the future of buying cars..

if your going heated seats have you thought about ventilated seats? they are amazing and cannot be added after the fact...

i would not get PSE and get a gundo hack instead

rear center console i would get the leather if i did it again, the standard coating scratches too easily and painted is durable but reflects the sun.. the leather console looks amazing and would match your leather center storage bin w/ logo perfectly (stitching matches up at the edges)

i would not do the sport chrono any color... ive had sport chrono and my current car doesnt and both cars very glad they had black gauges..

i know its not our car but im coming from having 2 different 997's and going off what i wish i got and what i regret getting..

also... floor mats in matching color of course..
Old 04-20-2010, 05:59 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by casaforte9
With paddle shifters you cannot get a heated steering wheel, I heard dynamic lights not that useful

vebtilated seats only with reg seats but I love adaptives, had them in my previous cayman S and they were awesome
didnt notice u said adaptive.. yes these cannot be ventilated..
Old 04-20-2010, 06:14 PM
robbonds
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

order pse - its a lot more expensive to add it later...its oem, sounds great, looks great and is under warranty...order it!
Old 04-20-2010, 08:02 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

you didn't mention the wheels...they are important. I have the Carrera classics and love them! Easy to clean. On my 09 C2S cab in atlas, I have full black leather, heated/ventilated seats, the heated, multifunction steering wheel, SC plus, XM(can not add later), nav(which I rarely use and would not get again), bluetooth(a must!) and the self-dimming mirrors which should be standard. My color preference is white! My next car will be white. Good luck with your choices! Let us know the final specs!

Quick Reply: Building my 2011 911S PDK, need some suggestions