Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CEL recurrence

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010 | 01:26 AM
Macster
Race Director

Originally Posted by mander
It's back..... Car sat at the airport for a week and then four days of driving later the solid CEL is back.
AARGH. Dealer is being very nice about trying to fix it but after three tries it still is not fixed. Will go in next week for the FOURTH time. Any suggestions?

PS On the way into work after a dentist appointment this AM saw at At Law in his red Carerra.
Without the error codes and a description of the engine symptoms/behaviour not much one can offer in the way of help.

One suggestion would be to familiarize yourself with lemon law in your state and be sure to start building a case file. You may not need it but it never hurts.

If after you learn about the lemon law in your state and if car not yet disqualifed due to age/miles or whatever, you might drop a hint or something around service manager.

Also, this is sort of a bigger gun but mention that one major reaosn you bought the car was because of this dealer's advertising of its proferssional mechanics, factory trained trained mechanics and its advertised abilty to properly take care of and service the vehicle.

Mention that apparently this is not the case and you feel you have beem misled and almost feel like a victim of fraud.

Don't put it on too thick but you perhaps need to let the dealer know that you are considering your alternatives if this problem can't be solved and solved right and permanently.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 06-07-2010 | 06:30 PM
mander
Rennlist Member

The car 09C4S went into the shop last Wednesday. This time they tell me they ran another "smoke test" and found that the "leak detection pump" was actually the culprit. They replaced it and have been driving it around town to see if the problem recurs. So far it hasn't and they say they will return the car to me tomorrow. I will be happy to have Carlotta back. The Cayenne loaner is fine but not the same - to put it mildly.

If this fix doesn't work I will escalate along the lines Macster suggests. Thanks all you your advice.
Old 06-14-2010 | 08:26 PM
Kevin K
Instructor

Have you had any more problems.? I had a similar situation and if you are still having problems, I'd be glad to send you the dealer tech docs that show the various things that were tried after the smoke test - finally a faulty carbon canister was changed and the problem went away. No CELs for over a year now. Hope saying that doesn't jinx things.

Kevin
Old 06-15-2010 | 10:45 AM
mander
Rennlist Member

Thanks! So far no issues but then again I am out of town so haven't been driving it. I'll get in touch if the issue reappears.
Old 06-19-2010 | 05:00 PM
mander
Rennlist Member

Back in the US and still no CEL. Did get a copy of the invoice in the mail and the list of parts includes said leak detection pump AND a carbon canister.

Quick Reply: CEL recurrence