Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which quick detailer/sealer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 03:31 PM
nota_troll
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been using Honda Pro Cleaner for years. I started using it on my motorcycles before and after a ride. This stuff removes bugs and grime after a long ride or tire marbles after trackdays. It's great stuff for when you need a quick shine and don't feel like getting the hose out. Excellent product and stupid easy.

http://www.motosport.com/motorcycle/...talogId=110516

I use it on the 911 to get bird droppings off quickly before they etch.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:34 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by alexb76
Many good options it seems like!

I am also interested, but anyone knows which of these quick detailers are EASIEST to apply? I want something as easy as spray and go!
Can't make a comparison for you, but the Meguiars Qwik detailer is very easy to use. Just spray it on and wipe/buff it off. No residue or haze. Works great for everyday cleanup of stuff that doesn't require a full wash job and leaves a nice shine. I'm sure many of the other products mentioned also work well but my experience with Meguiars has been excellent. Maybe price point and availability will help you decide.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:09 PM
Tsilnner
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Frino
Zaino Z-6™ Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray for everyday spray detailing between washes

Zaino Z-8™ Grand Finale Spray Seal for special occasions (after polishing/clear seal)
Zaino Z-6 spray works wonders between polishing/ clear sealing. I have not used Z-8.

Be very careful about the towels that you use to polish and detail- many will scratch the finish. I buy mine from Zaino or use old 100% cotton bath towels.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:51 PM
KBS911
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Frino
Zaino Z-6™ Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray for everyday spray detailing between washes

Zaino Z-8™ Grand Finale Spray Seal for special occasions (after polishing/clear seal)

A long time Zaino user, I just used the new Z8 on my white GT3 after a Z2/Z6 application. Wow! I never thought white could look so good. After the application i could toss one of my folded microfiber towels on the hood and it would slide right off. So slick and such a deep gloss. The Z8 has a yellowish color and is thicker than the Z6, I wondered if it had some sort of Carnuba compound in it. I'm a believer.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:00 PM
chance
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 31 Posts

Griot's Speed Shine is my fav.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:06 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I used to use speedshine, but I am using z-8! But, I am now using swissvax wax. My atlas gray looks incredible!

Quick Reply: Which quick detailer/sealer?