Sponsored by:

Porsche CPO and Leasing

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010 | 04:52 PM
breakdown
Advanced

Default Porsche CPO and Leasing

Hey,

Does anyone know if you can lease a Porsche CPO from the dealer rather than finance and buy it?

I'd rather just lease a car because I like changing my cars every few years. The lease payment on a brand new carrera is a bit more than I'd like to pay. I'm wondering if it's possible to lease the cheaper CPO car?

I thought I would ask on here before I go to the dealer and inquire. They have a nice CPO 2006 C2S that has my attention.

Thanks
Old 04-13-2010 | 05:26 PM
blk on blk
Three Wheelin'

i believe it is possible, but you could just call your local dealership and ask to make certain.
Old 04-13-2010 | 05:29 PM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

Generally speaking, the lease programs are so much more favorable to new cars, that often the cpo leases aren't a very good deal. That said, once in a while you can find a deal.
Old 04-13-2010 | 06:10 PM
StanThePorscheFan
Rennlist Member

Get in touch with Pfaff in Vaughan, On. Not sure if they do business out of province, but I have leased a CPO Cayenne from them in the past. They also can lease a non-CPO cars and other brands as well. Well, they did a few years back, anyway.
Old 04-13-2010 | 07:02 PM
breakdown
Advanced

What would you guys suggest as the best route I go?

I have up to $15,000 CAD that I could put down on a car and I would like my monthly payments to be no more than $650 a month. I was originally planning on getting a 2002 or 2003 Carrera. I started thinking about leasing instead of financing and if that would maybe open up the possibility of getting a 997 which would be a dream. I know for certain that I won't have any vehicle for longer than four years. I get bored of things really easily and always change my mind so the idea of "renting" a car doesn't really bother me.

I'm in Canada and I want to deal with a local dealership and a Canadian vehicle if possible.
Old 04-14-2010 | 12:10 AM
tpenta
Racer

You should consider taking over an existing lease. Monthly payments may be a bit more but it's definitely an option to consider given your parameters.

Look at leasetrader or swapalease.

Good luck.

-T
Old 04-14-2010 | 12:50 AM
beachview
Instructor

I leased my CPO '06 997. I found it to be a great value because of the high residual value offered by Porsche Financial. There are some great resources on this board that can get you the latest money factor and residual values for 997's. Good Luck

Quick Reply: Porsche CPO and Leasing