Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Expert's Challenge: Headers or No Headers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010 | 11:33 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by utkinpol
since when? i run x-pipe on my C2. check their web site - there is x-pipe cat for 997.1. it is same for base and 'S' cars.
Yep X pipe has been around for a while and even air cooled car run them.
Old 09-25-2010 | 11:16 PM
joetz
3rd Gear

Can someone help me with some header advice? I just installed some really beautiful ones I got on ebay, but have no idea what the brand is

Anyway, they went in fine with no fitment issues, and the car sounds a little better and there is a small but noticeable bump in power. It's say maybe 10hp

Anyway, here is the problem. I noticed that sometimes there is a bit of hesitation when I nail the throttle at low speeds now and sometimes the idle gets a little jumpy. It's almost as if the ECU is having a hard time understanding what changed on the engine.

I used to own a corvette and did headers and had the ecu retuned to take advantage of the headers. Does the 997 work the same way? Do I need a "tune" on this car as well? Did any of you guys notice some low rev issues after header installs?
Attached Images  
Old 10-13-2010 | 10:23 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by joetz
I noticed that sometimes there is a bit of hesitation when I nail the throttle at low speeds now
I have too experienced this with my gundo'd exhaust, it's minor and sporadic however.
Old 10-13-2010 | 10:33 PM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bruce R
I have too experienced this with my gundo'd exhaust, it's minor and sporadic however.
My non-gundo'd, non-tuned C2S would do this from time to time. I think that's just something these cars do sometimes.
Old 10-14-2010 | 02:47 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nugget
My non-gundo'd, non-tuned C2S would do this from time to time. I think that's just something these cars do sometimes.
Cool, thanks for the feedback.

Quick Reply: Expert's Challenge: Headers or No Headers?