Sponsored by:

Dealer/Service Provider Ratings

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 02:12 PM
FI Flyer
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dealer/Service Provider Ratings

I posted this message as a reply in a thread titled "Kudos for Northeast dealer service" that was posted by RonCT. I hope that he will forgive me for reposting it under this new topic title:

Originally Posted by FI Flyer
I wish that there were more posts like yours on the board.

While we have lots of "how to" posts and our share of rants, what I would like to see more of are posts praising (or damning) dealers or other service providers giving detailed reasons.

Not only regulars but casual visitors to the forum seeking information on where to buy cars or services for their cars would benefit if there were more posts that named names and gave reasons.

I know that when I first considered buying my Cayman S (and again when I shopped for the C4S I now have on order), I found lots of very helpful information here and on 6speed about what is should and should not get for my new car and why. What I found far less of was whom to deal with and whom to avoid.

I am not suggesting libelous posts say that X or Y are crooks or incompetents but, rather, posts like yours offering praise (or condemnation) giving the name of the vendor (or person) and providing the reasons for that opinion. We have a wealth of experience with vendors and service providers here and I suspect that I am not the only one who would like to tap into it.

Quick Reply: Dealer/Service Provider Ratings