Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My First Porsche!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 04:08 AM
JoeShark
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Congrats on the new car. Sounds like my first Porsche which I picked up last year: 2008 C4S Cab that had about 6,000 miles on it.

Keep the rear emblem.
Get rid of the sticker on the windshield.
SmarTop for sure.

For $4k+, forget PSE and look for another aftermarket option. After a few months of looking for the right sound and quality, I went with a full AWE exhaust (headers, cats, mufflers) and couldn't be happier. Not only is the sound perfect for a Cab, but there is some additional h.p.'s that come along with it.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:46 AM
RED 997
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations! Beautiful car. I also like the white on white rear emblem.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:55 AM
todd.
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Enjoy it!
Old 03-26-2010, 12:12 PM
Gj325
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car Looks awesome. You are set for spring driving

Congrats
Old 03-26-2010, 12:30 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by akacaj

Small Mods that I am considering:
Clear Side Markers - DONE
Change white Carrera 4S emblem in back to black with red S or silver.
Remove PORSCHE sticker on windshield. I think the previous owner did that after market.
PSE - but at $4,000+ seems prohibitively expensive considering that it is just a sound upgrade.
Car looks very stylish the way it is minus ugly sticker on windshield. Do not replace rear deck emblem. I would not do PSE, it is quite heavy and too expensive for its own good. Instead you can look for used fabspeed or AWE 200 cell cats and if you are after loudness - search for 'gundo hack' on mufflers, do it with 1.5" pipe and it will roar like a polar bear for you for $200 or so.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:32 PM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Oh My, she's purdy!! Nice looking 911.

I'd leave the white emblem on the back also. The car looks very clean and unique with it.

Enjoy it. Hope you have a great first Porsche owner's experience. (not everyone does, have you heard?)

Phil
Old 03-26-2010, 01:05 PM
akacaj
Intermediate

Thanks guys! I am really happy with it. I don't know what it is about Porsche but the other day I was at a red light and I look in my rear view. Some dude in the car behind me was taking a picture of my rear end. Lots and lots of compliments from random people all over the place. My wife made me put my wedding ring back on when I got the Porsche. Had to get it resized to do a few extra pounds from quitting smoking. Someone needs to tell her that she has nothing to worry about because this is a dude magnet!

Dan, thanks for the Smart Top tip. Don't know if it has it but I will check as soon as I get home. Didn't even occur to me to test it.
Glad I am not the only one who thinks the Porsche sticker needs to go.
I was quoted 4k+ from two different dealers on the PSE. Almost 3K for the part which I know I can get cheaper plus 7 - 8 hours labor at 175/hr. Honestly I don't think I would even pay 2k for just a sound upgrade. I will save that money for my next Porsche, the turbo!

I do wish the front and the back looked a little more aggressive to match the rims. Part of the reason why I wanted to change the rear emblem. Any suggestions on some sort of a lip spoiler or something?
Old 03-26-2010, 01:05 PM
porscheman1963
Instructor

Beauty !!!! I have the same wheels on my cab and really like the colored crested center caps instead of the monochrome.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:18 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks guys! I am really happy with it. I don't know what it is about Porsche but the other day I was at a red light and I look in my rear view. Some dude in the car behind me was taking a picture of my rear end. Lots and lots of compliments from random people all over the place. My wife made me put my wedding ring back on when I got the Porsche. Had to get it resized to do a few extra pounds from quitting smoking. Someone needs to tell her that she has nothing to worry about because this is a dude magnet!

Dan, thanks for the Smart Top tip. Don't know if it has it but I will check as soon as I get home. Didn't even occur to me to test it.
Glad I am not the only one who thinks the Porsche sticker needs to go.
I was quoted 4k+ from two different dealers on the PSE. Almost 3K for the part which I know I can get cheaper plus 7 - 8 hours labor at 175/hr. Honestly I don't think I would even pay 2k for just a sound upgrade. I will save that money for my next Porsche, the turbo!

I do wish the front and the back looked a little more aggressive to match the rims. Part of the reason why I wanted to change the rear emblem. Any suggestions on some sort of a lip spoiler or something?
NO! Don't do it!
Old 03-26-2010, 01:46 PM
JoeShark
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

I have a GT3 front bumper and a Rinspeed rear bumper which I think adds a nice touch. Would probably look good with your wheels as well.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:14 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by THPorsche
NO! Don't do it!
+1.

No spolier is needed. Your car looks great as is, just gotto remove the front sticker. This is THE FIRST 911 I've seen that I liked the Turbo wheels on! On any other car, it looks ugly as hell!

The only other touch that may help with the look is if you can do the centre console in White and maybe a couple of other interior items in white. Those interior items don't matter to me in a Coupe, but would make a Cab look much nicer, unique! Basically, the following three options:

Overall, don't do any major mods now... live with it for a few weeks before you make up your mind on what can add to it.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:21 PM
tpetsch
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Get rid of the windshield sticker, otherwise the car looks great. ...Start, Drive, Enjoy.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:39 PM
BoxsterG
Rennlist Member

That car is HOT! removed the windshield stiker and go drive it.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:46 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Beautiful car. Enjoy!
Old 03-26-2010, 08:35 PM
TooSixy
Racer

Very nice car. I love white. Enjoy her.

Quick Reply: My First Porsche!