Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Price for remaining 2009 C4S pdk launch cars?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 03:25 PM
jakes dad
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hockeyguy
When Porsche starts a new model or major revision (997.2 in this case), the company produces a bunch of similar introductory cars that most of the dealers get for the new model in the first model year. Each dealer, or region, usually gets only one of a particular car.
The major 2009 997.2 PDK Launch cars were:

C2--white/gray interior
C2S-porsche racing green/tan
C4S--meteor gray/black

My "launch car" was the Porsche racing green/tan
Old 03-26-2010, 05:26 PM
hockeyguy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

real question:
So if the trunk money on a new 2010 C4S is 14k, and the deal becomes good, why buy a launch 2009? I think they'd have to discount the 2009's even more.

Well, the 2009 launch C4S that I've seen at the dealer is sitting out in the sun, covered with snow in the winter, sitting mostly idle for like a year and a half. Do I want that one? Plus, maybe bugs/pdk updates have been worked out on the 2010's now.
Thoughts?
Old 03-26-2010, 11:19 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Step 1. Beat 'em up on price and make them CPO the car.

If they won't, then walk.

Move on to the next dealer with a C4S on the lot.

Repeat Step 1.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:43 PM
hockeyguy
Instructor

Ok, an update... (not that anyone cares)

I finally go to the dealer today. There's a guy polishing up the C4S (2009 meteor gray launch). It was sold, being delivered today. Ok. So much for that. At least I won't see it every day driving by the dealership.
So the salesman at the dealership convinces me to try out their other unsold launch car, the 2009 carrara white C2 (not optioned much, pdk, no sprts chrono).

So I did. And guess what? I prefer my Cayman (2.9 pdk, no sprts chrono)... the driving feel, handling, etc (even with slightly less power). It's actually the first time I've ever driven the two back to back. I also learned that the bose on the C2 is lousy (like my non-bose). To be honest, the drab standard gray interior of this C2 didn't help any. Not a good thing to say yuck just after getting into the car. I also think the C2 needs 19" wheels, like the C2S.

So it was a useful day. I'm now beginning to wonder whether I'll even want to upgrade to a C4S when I test drive one. I suspect yes, it's a different beast.
I'll check out that one at that other dealer soon, if it's still left.

Last edited by hockeyguy; 03-27-2010 at 06:18 PM.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:57 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 789 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by hockeyguy
Ok, an update... (not that anyone cares)

I finally go to the dealer today. There's a guy polishing up the C4S (2009 meteor gray launch). It was sold, being delivered today. Ok. So much for that. At least I won't see it every day driving by the dealership.
So the salesman at the dealership convinces me to try out their other unsold launch car, the 2009 carrara white C2 (not optioned much, pdk, no sprts chrono).

So I did. And guess what? I prefer my Cayman (2.9 pdk, no sprts chrono)... the driving feel, handling, etc (even with slightly less power). It's actually the first time I've ever driven the two back to back. I also learned that the bose on the C2 is lousy (like my non-bose). To be honest, the drab standard gray interior of this C2 didn't help any. Not a good thing to say yuck just after getting into the car. I also think the C2 needs 19" wheels, like the C2S.

So it was a useful day. I'm now beginning to wonder whether I'll even want to upgrade to a C4S when I test drive one. I suspect yes, it's a different beast.
I'll check out that one at that other dealer soon, if it's still left.
Yes I drove and looked at that white C2 also at my dealer. I didn't like it all that much without sports chrono and only Xm Sat nav. Gray color was okay but the white car...just didn't do it for me. Price was GREAT tho..my dealer was offering to let it go for dayum near $66k! I eventually got a 2009 C2S launch car and am very happy as I saved $20k on my car eventually! Good luck. Also considered a C4S launch car too but dealer wouldn't budge on it and wanted $90k for it! I walked away to my C2S launch car!

So yes they will sell them albeit slowly I think as the economy hasn't recovered enough yet that they'll just fly off the lots!
Old 03-28-2010, 02:16 AM
hockeyguy
Instructor

Interesting your comment on the white C2 not doing it for you.
I was just thinking earlier today that the 911 looks best in dark colors (including porsche racing green), while the cayman looks best in light colors... in fact, I think that the cayman is beautiful in white, unlike the 911

Quick Reply: Price for remaining 2009 C4S pdk launch cars?