Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone here ran the Carnewal GT3RS "style" wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 05:55 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Question Anyone here ran the Carnewal GT3RS "style" wheels?

been looking at OEM GT3RS wheels and the "carnewal" GT3 Rs style wheels:

im sure the stock ones are stronger, but both being cast and both being same specs the weight should be about same..

curious if anyone has bought a set, and how they feel about them compared to OEM... price is about half that of oem, so has me thinking,

-riley
Old 03-24-2010, 12:55 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

I do not know anything about Carnewal wheels but over the years here on this forum and a few others it seems like the mid and lower tier aftermarket sand cast wheels are not as well made as OEM Porsche wheels. Over the years I have seen some of these wheels crack in half and have other issues.

Hve you checked out the very well built and reviewed OZ cast wheels? Or, keep searching and some OEM GT3 wheels will pop up these forums soon.

all the best! Mike
Old 03-24-2010, 01:31 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

I found some real ones but they are orange, which I don't mind but they have track tires on top of that.

Just impatient waiting for my new wheels. Saw these and liked em but the weight and now the quality concerns me.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:50 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Call Gert at Carnewal and ask him questions. He really is a good guy and I think he would be honest with you.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:06 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by jcnesq
Call Gert at Carnewal and ask him questions. He really is a good guy and I think he would be honest with you.
yeah. i talked to him shortly so far... he said he doesnt know weight and they are good wheels, no complaints... my curiosity is if anyone else has them and if they had any problems... been so long since i went the cheap route.. just want some wheels sooner than later.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:00 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
yeah. i talked to him shortly so far... he said he doesnt know weight and they are good wheels, no complaints... my curiosity is if anyone else has them and if they had any problems... been so long since i went the cheap route.. just want some wheels sooner than later.
Where are they made? Have they passed German TUV standards? I know nothing about these wheels, so I'm not judging them. I'd just suggest that in general, wheels are something you don't want to scrimp on and that quality is way more important than price. My $.02.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:04 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Where are they made? Have they passed German TUV standards? I know nothing about these wheels, so I'm not judging them. I'd just suggest that in general, wheels are something you don't want to scrimp on and that quality is way more important than price. My $.02.
im not one to skimp on wheels, these would be temporary wheels for 4 weeks while mine are on the way from japan, they just missed the boat so the next boat is 4 weeks out.. ;-)
Old 03-24-2010, 03:41 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
im not one to skimp on wheels, these would be temporary wheels for 4 weeks while mine are on the way from japan, they just missed the boat so the next boat is 4 weeks out.. ;-)
Hope you don't have to wait too long.......
Old 03-24-2010, 10:58 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

I'd only go with OEM Porsche cast wheels, for cast wheels. Or BBS or OZ cast. If you found real GT3 OEM wheels with track tires, what track tires are they? You could probably sell them quickly as the DE season in starting. I know some people that might buy them.

Quick Reply: Anyone here ran the Carnewal GT3RS "style" wheels?