Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Booster Seat that fits in a 2008 Carrera 4S Cabriolet

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 09:30 PM
s4treg
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see this thread is still going on, so I thought I would chime in and say I found a great fitting car seat; the Harmony Juvenile Youth Booster. http://www.harmonyjuvenile.com/produ...ess/503785.php, for my 996 C4.

Even better news, you can get it at Walmart, and the icing on the cake, it was only $13.50. I couldn't believe it. It looks good, the angle is perfect fit, and clipping in is easy. Amazing, and I was just about to buy the Recaro's. Not that I was trying to be cheap as we have two Recaro ProSports for the Cayenne, but it was a great find.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:45 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 135 Posts

that's an incredible price! Thanks for posting. Periodically members are looking for these and knowing that it fits right is a first step.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:18 AM
Musclehedz101
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by s4treg
I see this thread is still going on, so I thought I would chime in and say I found a great fitting car seat; the Harmony Juvenile Youth Booster. http://www.harmonyjuvenile.com/produ...ess/503785.php, for my 996 C4.

Even better news, you can get it at Walmart, and the icing on the cake, it was only $13.50. I couldn't believe it. It looks good, the angle is perfect fit, and clipping in is easy. Amazing, and I was just about to buy the Recaro's. Not that I was trying to be cheap as we have two Recaro ProSports for the Cayenne, but it was a great find.
I too have two of these booster seats for my girls and they fit great in my 07' 997.1 C4S Cab. The fact that they are PINK is the highlight for my two girls but the fact that they were so inexpensive are daddy's highlight! (More $$ for other toyz!!) ;-)

I give them a "Two Thumbs Up" buy!
Old 06-13-2011, 04:57 AM
W211
Racer

Thumbs up Walmart Harmony Youth Booster Seat

Originally Posted by Musclehedz101
I too have two of these booster seats for my girls and they fit great in my 07' 997.1 C4S Cab. The fact that they are PINK is the highlight for my two girls but the fact that they were so inexpensive are daddy's highlight! (More $$ for other toyz!!) ;-)

I give them a "Two Thumbs Up" buy!
Absolutely! And I used the hairdryer to soften the plastic to push the armrests slightly closer together.

The end result is that the girls can more easily buckle in themselves without the armrests block the buckle.

Highly recommended.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:00 AM
mousecrab
Instructor

Originally Posted by s4treg

I got the same one just with a different color seatpad from Canadian Tire (Yes, I'm in Canada!!!) for $15 or so. Perfect fit and works great.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:57 AM
W211
Racer

Default Harmony (Walmart) vs. Apramo (Canadian Tire)

Originally Posted by mousecrab
I got the same one just with a different color seatpad from Canadian Tire (Yes, I'm in Canada!!!) for $15 or so. Perfect fit and works great.
If you got the one from Canadian Tire, most likely you have the following:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows...age_reviews_li

Glad to hear it fits, I found it slightly larger than the Harmony, but then, I didn't learn about the armrest mod before I returned the Apramo. Maybe it would have fitted as well as the Harmony if I pushed the armrests closer together.

Here is a side by side comparison between the two, with photos:

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=173419
Old 06-13-2011, 03:13 PM
mousecrab
Instructor

Originally Posted by W211
If you got the one from Canadian Tire, most likely you have the following:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows...age_reviews_li

Glad to hear it fits, I found it slightly larger than the Harmony, but then, I didn't learn about the armrest mod before I returned the Apramo. Maybe it would have fitted as well as the Harmony if I pushed the armrests closer together.

Here is a side by side comparison between the two, with photos:

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=173419
You're right. I got the Apramo and it fits well without the armrest mod. It sure is tight but my kid can still buckle up fine.
Guess I should try to get the armrest closer to make it easier as well.
Wasn't doing much research before hand and just saw it one day and figured it is the smallest I've seen.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:43 PM
W211
Racer

Originally Posted by mousecrab
You're right. I got the Apramo and it fits well without the armrest mod. It sure is tight but my kid can still buckle up fine.
Guess I should try to get the armrest closer to make it easier as well.
Wasn't doing much research before hand and just saw it one day and figured it is the smallest I've seen.
Yes, the armrest mod makes a huge difference. I like the Apramo too (nice neutral grey). Please post pictures if you manage to squeeze in the armrest a little.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:36 AM
mousecrab
Instructor

Originally Posted by W211
Yes, the armrest mod makes a huge difference. I like the Apramo too (nice neutral grey). Please post pictures if you manage to squeeze in the armrest a little.
Finally got a chance to complete this simple mod.
Still need to get users response (my kid) but sure makes a difference in terms of overall width.
Hope these before and after pic shows the difference in width.
I tried taking some pic in the car but it doesn't really show any difference.
Attached Images     

Quick Reply: Booster Seat that fits in a 2008 Carrera 4S Cabriolet